Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
  1. Member
    Replaced my kendas with Goodyear enduras a couple of years ago and have had good performance so far. The kendas had me replacing a fender ��

5 seasons on my Kendas and going strong.
    2017 Ranger Z520c "Blackout Edition"
    2017 Mercury Optimax ProXS 250
    HB Solix 12 G3 MSI+, Solix 12 G2 MSI+, Solix G2 MDI+, Solix 12 2d/gps, Ultrex Mega360, Mega Live
    NRA Life Member
    -Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour-

I’ve got the Kenetica Loadstars on my 2020 with the 17” rims… I happened to notice this afternoon that one of my tires is bulging on the outer half of the tread surface (hard to describe)… also have been noticing a bad vibration at 65mph. I’m no expert but am Guessing I have some tread separation issues. I’m Lucky to have caught it now before they came apart on the road.

what’s the latest consensus on replacement tires. Have the Michelin Defenders been holding up ok for those who have gone this route?
    "When My Ship Comes In, I will Probably Be At The Airport"
    USAF Retired

4. Member
    I’m sure the Defenders are great but I’ve been very pleased with my Goodyear Assurance for the last year and cost less.

Goodyear endurance
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

I purchased the P215/65-17 Goodyear Assurance Max Life with max pressure 51lbs. and I am very happy with their overall performance and a good looking tire too!

unnamed.jpg
    Last edited by RngrBill; 01-15-2022 at 05:16 PM.

2015 Ranger Z119c / 2015 Merc 225 Pro X​S

Michelins performing very well for me.

Thank you sirs.
    USAF Retired

I sure got lucky, two of my tires had broken belts. Pulling them off discovered all 4 were lightly rubbing the inside of the fender. Dealer adjusted all four torsion axles under warranty… going in for new tires this weekend. Ended going with the Goodyear Assurance Mx Life.
    USAF Retired

Quote Originally Posted by J D View Post
    I sure got lucky, two of my tires had broken belts. Pulling them off discovered all 4 were lightly rubbing the inside of the fender. Dealer adjusted all four torsion axles under warranty… going in for new tires this weekend. Ended going with the Goodyear Assurance Mx Life.
    So when you get new tires on your trailer, do you take your boat and drop it off at the tire center or do you stay and back it into the garage for them, or leave your truck/boat rig and let them handle it?

Quote Originally Posted by freeze View Post
    So when you get new tires on your trailer, do you take your boat and drop it off at the tire center or do you stay and back it into the garage for them, or leave your truck/boat rig and let them handle it?
    When I go I usually just pull up close to one of the end doors. They’ll bring the jacks out to the boat. When I did this with my last boat I just sat in the boat rigged tackle while they worked. In and out from the dealer in less then an hour. Lots of boats in these parts so this is not uncommon.
    USAF Retired

12. Member
    I've said it before and I'll say it again. I change my trailer tires and batteries every 2 season regardless of how good they look. Marathons got me into this habit, and it has not failed me yet.
    2018 Ranger 521C, 2023 Merc 250 Pro XS 4S (3B261295), 36V Ultrex, 10" Atlas, Power Poles, Lowrance 12 Carbon, and 2-12 Lives.

13. Moderator
    My carlisle grenaded like that as well. Except when mine went, the fender did too. The tire was still hissing air when I pulled over and looked at it. Had to buy a whole new fender.

14. Member
    I’ve got the Kenetica Loadstars on my 2020 with the 17” rims… I happened to notice this afternoon that one of my tires is bulging on the outer half of the tread surface (hard to describe)… also have been noticing a bad vibration at 65mph. I’m no expert but am Guessing I have some tread separation issues. I’m Lucky to have caught it now before they came apart on the road.

what’s the latest consensus on replacement tires. Have the Michelin Defenders been holding up ok for those who have gone this route?
    I just had two of these Kendas/Kenetica tires do that exact same thing. Fortunately didn't blow........

BTW, talked with Pros Choice, they told me Ranger is shipping new trailers with Milestar Weatherguard AS 710 Sport tires, car tires. These are not ST rated, they are XL load rated with a 103M load/speed rating which both are slightly higher than the Kenda's. I believe they are also made in Nashville, not China.
    Last edited by RGK456; 06-15-2022 at 07:38 PM.

15. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone357 View Post
    Aren't the Michelins you guys are talking about passenger car tires? Isn't there a reason tires are specifically made for trailers? What am I missing here?
    Yep, to relieve fools of their money.
    Just an opinion.

I have to ask, what is the difference between Ranger’s 17” wheels and 14 inch wheels?
    ‘22 Ranger Z520R - Mercury 250 Pro XS
    Humminbird/Minn Kota One Boat Network

17. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Rich View Post
    I have to ask, what is the difference between Ranger’s 17” wheels and 14 inch wheels?
    About 3" of diameter.

Quote Originally Posted by ditchdiggerjcfII View Post
    About 3" of diameter.
    Besides that and I’ll give you that the 17 inch look better to some, but the 14 inch gives more tire options.
    ‘22 Ranger Z520R - Mercury 250 Pro XS
    Humminbird/Minn Kota One Boat Network

19. Member

Lost two with that exact problem the past two months, date code 4118, so close to four years old, even though I bought the boat new (new old stock) two years ago. I have put less than 5000 miles on them.

And you can't get the 17" Kenda's anywhere, not sure what direction I am going. Michelin Defender, Goodyear Assurance, Milestar Weatherguard AS710 Sport or Vision Marine Heavy Hauler. I do have a couple Kenda's on backorder..........

Kenda Picture.jpg

I went with the Goodyear Assurance…. So far I’ve been very pleased.
    USAF Retired

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast