Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Guess it’s Christmas time...

Just walked in the living room and my daughter and wife just slipped the Christmas Tree up on me...

or I think they said it’s a Thanksgiving Tree for now.

2. Member
    Yep. Local radio station just went to Christmas music 24/7

3. Member
    Dang it comes earlier every year

4. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    The wife decorated the entire house this weekend and outside looks like a Home Depot X-mas ad!
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Casslaw View Post
    The wife decorated the entire house this weekend and outside looks like a Home Depot X-mas ad!
    Sounds like you might have some Home Depot stock.

6. Member
    OMG hate it when they play month and half of Christmas Music !
    1988 Ranger 364V
    150HP Merc Black Max

7. Member

8. Member
    Time of year I have to surprise my wife with something she didn’t expect. Tried a new vacuum cleaner. That went well so I stuck with expensive jewelry for the past 42 years. Problem with that is there is nothing left that she doesn’t have at least one of. Maybe a new iron? That sounds like it could work. Good thing about my wife is she doesn’t believe in putting Christmas lights or tree up until the first week of December. I can live with that!

I went to Costco Saturday and it looks like The North Pole, toys, tv, phones, tablets and laptops. Then Trees and yard ornaments and stuff

Quote Originally Posted by rboren View Post
    Time of year I have to surprise my wife with something she didn’t expect. Tried a new vacuum cleaner. That went well so I stuck with expensive jewelry for the past 42 years. Problem with that is there is nothing left that she doesn’t have at least one of. Maybe a new iron? That sounds like it could work.
    Not many women iron anymore. I bet exercise equipment would be a big hit.

11. Banned
    People are getting like the retail stores on getting the Christmas stuff out. In a few years it will be on display year round. We have one in the neighborhood who had their tree up before Halloween.

It feels like i just took that dayum tree down.

These years are just flying by.
    2008 Ranger 178VX
    150 Yamaha V-max

GO Fins!!!

13. Member
    Christmas been out since Halloween, it is easy to be in the mood when 0 and snowing lol

14. Banned
    No idea what “X-mas” is but I don’t mind the Christmas spirit. Usually starts around Thanksgiving for us but doesn’t bother me if some start earlier.

Now decorating for halloween is entirely a different joke.

15. RIP Evinrude 1907-2020 JR19's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rude196 View Post
    No idea what “X-mas” is but I don’t mind the Christmas spirit. Usually starts around Thanksgiving for us but doesn’t bother me if some start earlier.

Now decorating for halloween is entirely a different joke.
    Can you enlighten me on what Christmas spirit really is? Does it have to do with corporate greed convincing the public they must buy everyone in their family a present or does it have something to do with a special someones birthday? I think I know the answer but I just need a little clarification.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crawdadking View Post
    Not many women iron anymore. I bet exercise equipment would be a big hit.
    Thanks for the tip! I bet your right doesn’t every woman need to tighten up the buns a little? The vacuum cleaner was such a hit I can’t wait to see her expression when she opens that new elliptical!

Quote Originally Posted by rboren View Post
    Thanks for the tip! I bet your right doesn’t every woman need to tighten up the buns a little? The vacuum cleaner was such a hit I can’t wait to see her expression when she opens that new elliptical!
    You should record it

18. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JR19 View Post
    Can you enlighten me on what Christmas spirit really is? Does it have to do with corporate greed convincing the public they must buy everyone in their family a present or does it have something to do with a special someones birthday? I think I know the answer but I just need a little clarification.
    I could say it’s a pagan holiday that worshipped a certain symbol. That is what my daughters ex husband’s family claimed anyway. Uber religious, great young man, loved Christmas time around us. Just couldn’t shake some long taught beliefs.

I’m not a person that spends a second shopping. I know what I need and it’s like a mission to get in and get out as fast as possible 99% of time. Past two days I’ve shopped a bit, talked to people I haven’t seen in years and frankly enjoyed myself. My grandkids have presents, food and preps are good for Thanksgiving. I just enjoy this time of year.

19. RIP Evinrude 1907-2020 JR19's Avatar
    I like that answer...here is my take...don't get caught up in the hustle and bustle and enjoy the moment. But the most important thing is don't get to the point where you can't see the forest for all the trees.
    Last edited by JR19; 11-18-2019 at 04:30 PM.

Santa is at Cabela's on the Weekends right now...

I work there and can't wait to listen to Christmas music all day

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast