Goodyear Endurance Flat Spot

What would be causing the flat spot on this tire ?

Here’s the background and rest of the story:

New Goodyear Endurance tires bought summer of 2018, I’m guessing 3-4K miles on them.

January of this year I went through the entire brake system, new master cylinder, backup solenoid, calipers & pads .....

Only reason I even caught it was I had a leaky cool hub (not this tire), and I had already made my mind up that when they started leaking I’d replace them with Vortex hubs, which I did the front axle last weekend, and just wrapped up the rear axle (brakes) this weekend. The other side of the rear (braking) axle had no unusual sign of wear and looked great.

Im hoping this is an out of balance issue, and not an axle issue.....2005 Z-21 tandem axle, Tie Down tortion axles and now Vortex hubs.....any thoughts or comments ?

Rob

63CCAE24-E964-486B-9ADB-CBF40FE943B7.jpeg

2. Member
    I’m on my second set of Goodyear Endurance tires. I never had a issue like you are experiencing. My guess is the tire is the issue. Try contacting the source for the purchase and ask for a replacement. Maybe others here will have a better answer for you.

3. Member
    I bought endurance tires in 2017 2nd season no issues here

4. Member
    almost looks like you had a brake lock up

5. Member
    I agree looks like a brake locked up at some point. Not a balance problem or axle alignment issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger 365 View Post
    I agree looks like a brake locked up at some point. Not a balance problem or axle alignment issue.

7. Member
    Skid Test
    1996 Stratos 201 pro xl
    1996 Johnson Faststrike J150GLEDB

8. Member
    Assuming it was the brakes, why would only one side lock up like that ? Bad caliper ? Or one side not bled as good as the other ?

9. Member
    Looks like a locked up brake to me. First I would make sure that the backup solenoid is working correctly. I would check to make sure that the breakaway cable did not get pulled accidentally and look over the caliper. If all that looks good I would bleed the brakes to make sure the fluid is flowing good through the system. Strange problem.

I wouldn't get rid of the tire. It would make a good spare. Spare tires usually deteriorate due to age not tread wear.

10. Member
    I would think that was a lock up brake. I bet it would not take a few hundred yards to shave that much off. You can tell your tire was properly inflated by the nicely centered wear patch...