Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar

Thumbs Up Sac-a-lait fishing w/2d/Panoptix (down)

Before Livescope came out i bought the PS22 which im still using right now....mainly use it for trolling in the winter and locating fish and working on them......went this weekend and was able to come home with 21 to clean.....catching them on while trolling with 2 jig pole and 4 jigs tied about 12" apart.....once i find some i'll sit on top or around them and get the bites....pretty cool to watch on the Live Vu Down come up to the jigs and sniff them or even to take the bite......hopefully i can move up to the Livescope but for now the PS22 is working.....have come across serveral brush piles i didnt know were there but have not tried using the PS 22 on Forward view and casting a jig to the it........

Here are a few screen shots from yesterday.....

You can see the four jigs witht he fish to the right of them while on the 2d you see it coming up from the bottom to the bottom jig.

School of fish.....

Here are a couple catches...when i catch they end up going out of the transducer cone so you dont see much after hookset....the "scribble" above the fish is one i caught with the line coming up after hookset.....

And the results.....

YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

2. Member
    Nice.

Have you tried adjusting to a wider cone angle on 2d? IIRC the 54 will go to 24°

3. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    No i havent....usually just leave it as is.....what would be the advantage to a wider cone if i'm fishing directly under the TM?? I dont mind trying it out, just wondering.....
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

4. Member
    wider field of view?

Love to see the old 2D in action. I still watch mine a lot even though I have LS.

USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Anti Submarine Warfare Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day