resurrecting a pro craft 201 duo pro

stripping boat down. bilge is nasty. what do you use? simple green and a pressure washer? How about the tanks outer surface? Same thing? I would post pictures but i don't know how. probably break the camera its so ugly and neglected. i'm going to give it a good effort. Oh i'm a newbe, and this is my first post so don't throttle me to hard. Thanks in advance. Va. Bass

2. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    Simple Green and a pressure washer is a really good place to start!
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

3. Member
    A lot of the bilge grunge that looks somewhat like mold on the sides and stuff is wax additive from the gelcoating of the bilge area. It molds over time. I use acetone with a respirator to wash that stuff off. try in a inconspicuous space just a little area. Usually it will wipe right off revealing clean gelcoat underneath. Now oil in the bilge is petroleum based so trouble spots I usually clean up with mineral spirits first. Then Simple Green to de-grease for a final wash.

4. Member
    OK, next question, converting 4 wire 24 volt to 2 wire 24 volt. what gauge wire for a 21 foot run?

5. Member
    I used Simple Green and a scrub brush. Since you've got everything out you might as well fill all the holes that are probably in there as well. I also put on a couple of coats of bilge paint, turned out nice.

6 gauge wire will work for the TM.

6. Member
    No matter what, I run tinned 6ga marine DC conductors for all trolling motor runs to the bow. The newer motors that are Pulse Wave do not create the voltage drop a Resistor trolling motor creates. Call "Counter EMF" it really can't develop with the D/C wire's fine individual strands.

7. Member
    thanks for the replies,really helps. If you fall out of the boat while in the shop does it still count? asking for a friend. lol

8. Member
    Anyone tie the pickup side of fuel tanks together? If I use a Y block and exact length hose I would think it would draw evenly. Tanks sit side by side.

9. Member
    Installing a Y may allow air to enter your fuel system if one tank got very low on fuel. I would use a selector valve to isolate the tanks.

10. Member
    Boat is shaping up nicely. Cleaned and pressure washed bilge and tanks after i removed them. Ended up painting bilge white. Added new pumps, hoses, Flow rites, cables, and installed led trouble lights. Sanded and buffed for what seems like days. Shining like a new penny. Makes me feel good when people walk in my shop and say "Holy Crap, is that the same boat". Starting carpet now, my back and knees are really enjoying that, getting old sucks but enjoy keeping my hands busy. Tight lines, Va. Bass.

11. Banned
    If there are NO pics, it didn't happen. Just saying...

12. Member
    Tell me how and I'll give it a shot. project stalled anyway, have race cars and pro street cars to assemble for spring. Did have the carpet edges bound, looks clean.