Thread: DA Polisher

DA Polisher

Is it worth buying a DA polisher to apply the Pro-Tec Polish? I had elbow surgery this year and was thinking about buying one and saving some wear and tear on the arm. I don't need to use the Nu-Paint as the finish is good and the water spots that I have will come out with the water spot remover from Pro-Tec. If it is advised to get a DA polisher what would be the propper pad to use for applying the polish? TIA

You can use a DA to apply Protec or any wax or polish. As far as the pad goes.....as long as it’s a finishing pad you’re good. Some companies like 3M have a blue color one. TCB Global has a black one. Just make sure it’s a says “finishing pad”.
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

3. Member
    Do you or anyone else have experience or knowledge of this attachment? https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...KIKX0DER&psc=1

As long as it’s a finishing pad on the tool it will work. Prolly not as smooth as a normal DA but it’ll work. You’re only applying a wax so even a tennis shoe with some micro fiber on it will do that.
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

5. Member
    Harbor Freight has a good DA polisher that's around $40 and easy to use if you decide to go that route.
    Bruce Theriot
    2003 Champion 196 Elite
    200 Mercury Opti max
    25 Tempest A45

6. Scraps
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunkerhunter3 View Post
    Do you or anyone else have experience or knowledge of this attachment? https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...KIKX0DER&psc=1
    For a few more bucks you can get a decent DA at Harbor Fright. It gets really good reviews. I would say def worth it and will give a better job than by hand. I wouldn't dare wax my truck w/o a DA. Even thinking about upgrading I like it so much.

Only thing I did with mine was change it to a 5in pad. Just need a 5in backing plate.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

7. Member
    Thanks for all the info guys.