Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by King_Fish View Post
    Hang in there Roy, a month from now the extra 2 weeks will be a distant memory...

So back here in the East we fish a lot of skinny water, tight spots, shallows, contend with docks, lock walls, etc.... And have to dodge debris constantly. All that stuff is inherent to a "ding" now and then, fortunately nothing too bad to this point. Do you folks out West deal with the same kind of stuff, or are you pretty much wide open water, with minimal obstacles, etc...?
    Depends on the lake. Clearlake for example has some very shallow areas with docks everywhere and rock piles etc along with deep water. Shasta and oroville are deep. Local home lake has a little of everything. Its pretty easy to keep a boat nice and avoid anything hazardous if you are careful. Have learned all the bad spots over the years lol. In the winter when i flows are high lakes like oroville and shasta have a major floating debris problem.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TritonTRXV8 View Post
    Depends on the lake. Clearlake for example has some very shallow areas with docks everywhere and rock piles etc along with deep water. Shasta and oroville are deep. Local home lake has a little of everything. Its pretty easy to keep a boat nice and avoid anything hazardous if you are careful. Have learned all the bad spots over the years lol. In the winter when i flows are high lakes like oroville and shasta have a major floating debris problem.
    When I go visit family in Florida I borrow a boat to go fishing. It is unnerving running everywhere in 3 feet of water sometimes.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Transom View Post
    When I go visit family in Florida I borrow a boat to go fishing. It is unnerving running everywhere in 3 feet of water sometimes.
    Lol....3 feet is time to put it up on pad and run!
    2019 Ranger rt188
    Merc 115 Pro xs ct
    Minn Kota Edge 70
    Tempest 21p

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangerjeff View Post
    The ramp here is 5-7 feet deep!

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangerjeff View Post
    Depends on the lake. I've hit several stumps trying that on Stick Marsh. I normally idle way out into 5' of water before getting on pad. The same goes for Santee Cooper. You can run up on a stump in all kinds of depths on Santee.

6. Member
    Roy, be careful with that rig until you are really used to the speed. An 18' boat feels entirely different at 70 MPH than a 20' or bigger. I've had a couple that ran REAL good and any little thing in the water with the short keel can put the nose down causing a bow hook.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12