GPSMAP® 1222xsv Plus VS ECHOMAP ™ Ultra 122sv?

Good afternoon, Could you tell me the difference between GPSMAP® 1222xsv Plus and ECHOMAP ™ Ultra 122sv?

2. Member
    The GPS Map doesn’t have direct plugin for UHD or LS. The Echo Ultra having direct plugin is a better value IMO. Many will state that the direct plugin UHD/LS is inferior to the original but one would de naive to believe that the direct plugin versions won’t be refined or those ports won’t be used in the future for something new and shiny.
    If I looked good in spandex and my boats paint had glitter, I’d fish for bass.
    Luckily the Crappie, Stripers and Tuna don’t seem to care.............. BigBry

3. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Here is the comparison chart on between the two on Garmin's website.

https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/cata...Product=626320
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBry View Post
    The GPS Map doesn’t have direct plugin for UHD or LS. The Echo Ultra having direct plugin is a better value IMO. Many will state that the direct plugin UHD/LS is inferior to the original but one would de naive to believe that the direct plugin versions won’t be refined or those ports won’t be used in the future for something new and shiny.
    My opinion is a little different but it's just an opinion. I think the reason the LVS32 requires a black box is all the proccessing and memory demands to operate three arrays of transducer elements. It appears that none of the existing units, to include the new 86xx units have that. So I don't think that any existing units will ever be compatible with LVS32 without the GLS10.

The UHD is not as demanding, in terms of processing and memory so for the units that have the UHD compatibility now, it's possible that they might expand or enhance that.

Just my 2 cents and it didn't even cost you that.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LWINCHESTER2 View Post
    My opinion is a little different but it's just an opinion. I think the reason the LVS32 requires a black box is all the proccessing and memory demands to operate three arrays of transducer elements. It appears that none of the existing units, to include the new 86xx units have that. So I don't think that any existing units will ever be compatible with LVS32 without the GLS10.

The UHD is not as demanding, in terms of processing and memory so for the units that have the UHD compatibility now, it's possible that they might expand or enhance that.

Just my 2 cents and it didn't even cost you that.
    I’ll take a freebie if it’s offered. It’s a pretty solid bet they will expand and enhance the direct plugin UHD. If Hummingbird can do Mega (and good to boot) on a 500 watt Helix, there’s no reason Garmin can’t. As for Livescope, I think the 8600 with its 1KW could do it but suspect heat would be an issue for the processor, hence the external power source. The LVS12, rated at 500 watts as is the LVS32, may have been dumbed down to deal with heat. Maybe heat isn’t an issue at all. I would hope the processors in the present units would have no problem with phased array sonar. I believe it’s software based/manipulated and is a fairly old technology. This is all speculation. I can’t imagine Garmin would want to lose 1000 US Dollars by making the LVS12 as good as the LVS32. As for the direct plug LS Port, I speculate that it may be utilized in the future. Consider the evolution of the Gen 1 Panoptix. Ps30/PS31, PS21 several months later and finally the PS22 that could do forward and down. That LS Port has a whole lot of potential. Hmmm. How about LiveScope RealVU Down/Forward? There’s nothing better than following Striper Schools with a PS31 on RealVU. LS would be so much better.
    If I looked good in spandex and my boats paint had glitter, I’d fish for bass.
    Luckily the Crappie, Stripers and Tuna don’t seem to care.............. BigBry