Bad prop rebuild

Is it normal to have undercut and porosity holes in a prop after it’s been repaired? Had a prop repaired back in the spring and just took it out of the box last week preparing for a trip and found welding undercut in every blade and a porosity hole in one. Never thought to look at when we got it back since it was done by a well known prop guy that has done great work numerous other times. I have pics but don’t know how to post on here

I'd first give the prop man a chance to respond through a tele call or e-mail before going any further....

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

3. Member
    That’s the reason I didn’t post any names, wanted to make sure this wasn’t normal before I contacted them. I’ve never even seen a blimish on his other props so couldn’t really believe it when I seen it

I would have reached out before making the post....

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

5. Member
    In the world of welding,
    undercut and porosity can yield to weld failure

6. Scraps
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod4712 View Post
    Is it normal to have undercut and porosity holes in a prop after it’s been repaired? Had a prop repaired back in the spring and just took it out of the box last week preparing for a trip and found welding undercut in every blade and a porosity hole in one. Never thought to look at when we got it back since it was done by a well known prop guy that has done great work numerous other times. I have pics but don’t know how to post on here
    No. But are we talking about new weld material or virgin material? I'd like to think a reputable repair guy isn't going to let something get away that speaks of poor workmanship. I'm also going to take it up with the guy before advertising the issue. A reputable guy is going to make it right. Why you don't see many good prop guys.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD