Thread: Family Legend

Family Legend

Back in the 1930's making a living was tough. One individual eked out enough to support himself but barely. He stocked up on goods and tended to remote mountain families. He was single and earned his way by being clever and industrious. On his normal route there was local inn with rather primitive offerings. The clientele were always warm and friendly and always had something going on.

The door to door salesman was a quiet fellow but friendly himself. He never participated in their endless contests with one another. He enjoyed listening to the others but never contributed. Until one day he stopped in and the contest was. " Which of us has been hurt less in life ." The salesman inquired what the standing of the present leader was. The barkeep said old Jeb is 68 but has only been hurt 5 times his whole life. Salesman says I can beat that. Barkeep says if you can prove that you will win. But its kinda unfair cause we all know one another. The hurts everyone has suffered we all know about. Salesman asks whats the prize. Well its a twenty dollar bill. Which is more than salesman in two weeks. I say I have only been hurt twice in my entire life of 49 years.

Well for that goodly sum I will recite the sad story . I have the proof if you all deem it necessary. They agreed and here it goes.

Back when I first started selling around here. I never realized how far everything was between my route stops. As I was driving one day about 20 miles east of grinders knob. I had to take a crap in the worst kind of way. Knowing it was prime bear country. I did not want to stop. But alas nature forced me into it. I slammed on the brakes and just a little way down the hill. Dropped my drawers and squatted right on a bear trap which closed upon my testicles. Everyone winced and really felt for the likeable little guy. No one protested as he took the twenty and headed for the door. Jeb the guy he beat says " Hey fella I just got to know. What happened the 2nd time you were hurt.
    Salesman turns and says with tears in his eye that occurred as soon as I ran out of chain.
    Helix Mega 10 SI G2N , ILink
    Garmin 1040 XS / Garmin 1242 xsv with Panoptix Down VU PS 30 W/ GCV 10 networked with PS 31. Boat Rig

Echomap Ultra 106 SV with Livescope 12 . Ice Rig

2. Member

3. Member

4. Member

Chris
    <'))))><

Dawnpatrol.
    Goin Fishing be home for Hunting Season !!!!!!!!!