Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Its my house.. I wear shoes

We NEVER ask our guests to remove their shoes. Good house guests would see our shoes at the front door and us being in socks or slippers would ask or do it without asking.

Just the way I was raised....yes it's Asian trait...no I'm not Asian...but we learned this while living abroad...respect the guests home.

I even had realtors look at me funny when I was shopping for homes and I took off my shoes at the door.
    Been fishin' since I was 5 years old...Thanks Grandpa!

3. Member
    Funny how the house rules of my parents have carried on in my life.

Never leave lights on.
    Never leave the refrigerator door open.
    Never slam the car door.
    Take your shoes off as soon as you enter anyone's home.

I just turned 66 and the shoes come off immediately.
    '14 Triton 18XS 150 Optimax Pro XS Fortrex 80
    Kropf Park model on Chautauqua Lake
    Fish Chautauqua Lake and Lake Erie
    Love bass and fly fishing for Trout and Steelhead

4. Member
    Off no telling what kind of crap we walk through.

5. Member
    Off at the door

6. Member
    I’m surprised there are so many shoes off folks. In my 58 years I don’t think I’ve had to take my shoes off but maybe once or twice going into someone’s house. We have all hard surfaces; tile & hardwood in our home and two large dogs. I run a swiffer mop daily and we are beyond kids in the house. Personally, I think carpeting although nice to the touch, is a dirt magnet bare feet or not.

7. Member
    Leave mine on. My feet can’t take the cat toys scattered around. No telling what she finds that hurt when you step on them.
    Praying for a Cure

8. Member
    So how many of these shoes off people have Nasty-@$$ dogs in their home? Just curious

guess im late to the party and this has already been covered...just sour on the subject as my wife is a dog person and I believe I may be the only person in the world that can’t stand having them nasty suckers in my home.
    Last edited by Jaredn; 11-17-2019 at 04:29 PM.

9. Member
    No my mom was the same way, wasn't allowed to have a pet growing up.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaredn View Post
    So how many of these shoes off people have Nasty-@$$ dogs in their home? Just curious

guess im late to the party and this has already been covered...just sour on the subject as my wife is a dog person and I believe I may be the only person in the world that can’t stand having them nasty suckers in my home.
    I don't much like dogs either and wont have one as a pet in the home. We do have a couple cats but they are clean and you don't have to walk or let them out to drop waste. I grew up in a home with no indoor animals (except me). My wife grew up with indoor/outdoor cat and indoor dogs. I won't allow dogs, I think they smell.
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

11. Member
    Good god man, I thought I was alone! I’d much rather deal with cats than these disgusting smelly dogs. They stink so bad (even immediately following a trip to the groomers).

12. Member
    Anytime a dogs hair is wet it's gonna have an odor, but if it always smells something is wrong and needs addressing.

I throw my in the trash and by new ones.
    Who can wear the same dirty shoes over and over again. Same with socks and under , cant get my washing machine dirty.

PS, I have no carpet in my house

14. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    Shoes off at the door and my slides go on. Once a week we have to rearrange all the shoes at the shoe rack at the front door.

As I type this my pug is between my knees and a chihuahua is on each hip in my recliner!

My wife and daughter leave enough hair in this house to kill a horse, these little guys keep us warm at night!
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

We take ours off but never ask guests to.

16. Member
    Hardwood floors so I leave them on till I kick my feet back.

17. Member
    Off always and off for any quests. If have work done plumber hvac deliveries or such we put disposable runners down to the area needed.
    No pets.
    Asian occupied.
    Shoes worn in a house makes for a disgusting house.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaredn View Post

Oh I love dogs, but their not sleeping inside no matter how cold it is
    All sheep are eventually led to slaughter

19. Banned
    Grew up on a farm and when it is time to go there are times when you better have on what you plan to run out the door with for whatever the reason. Common sense will make most wipe/clean their shoes/boots before entering a home. No pets inside. Went over to take a friend's invite to eat with his family. When i walked in their cat was sitting on the bar with all the food they had prepared and was licking his a--hole. Told them i had a virus and would take them up on it on another day.

Quote Originally Posted by Bradley Lane View Post
    No rule about shoes here. We live in our house. We also let the dog on the couch.
    Same here , must be a Georgia thing , I’ve never heard of taking every ones shoes off unless selling the house .

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast