Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    OFF....they stay by the front door.

I grew up learning to respect others homes as if they were mine.
    Been fishin' since I was 5 years old...Thanks Grandpa!

2. Ft Gibson Lake America lakefolk's Avatar
    depends on whether they are on or off when i go thru the door................

"Being a winner is more than getting a first place trophy, it is acting like the effort was an honor and the trophy is just a decoration."

"A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him"

3. Member
    Off

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff La View Post
    I'm worse than you. Here we think it would be disrespectful to ask someone to remove their shoes before entering my house. Growing up and working on a farm you didn't have time to remove your shoes when you went inside. I have had to clean up after myself many times.

Same here. Never in a million years would I expect guests in my home to remove shoes unless they were wet or muddy.

5. Banned
    Off

6. Member
    -shoes off in the house. - just seems right.
    1985 Ranger 340v w/ 1985 Johnson GT150 Crossflow
    2018 BassCat Pantera Classic w/ 2018 Mercury 200 ProXS

7. Member
    Wife was raised with no shoes in the house. My mom was farm girl and brother and I wore shoes in house. Wife and I and three adult daughters do not wear shoes in the house. Brother visited us years ago and mocked us for this and I asked for a shoe, took a piece of wet paper towel and wiped the bottom and of course it was black and I said that goes on the carpet. He still wear shoes in their house and pays for a carpet cleaner every year.

8. idbefishing
    My last house was an older house and I’m sure previous owners don’t take their shoes off. When I pulled up the old carpet, the padding had a layer of dirt on top and a layer of dirt under the padding.

Off - only thing allowed is house slippers

10. Member
    On, except bedroom. I actually think it’s a little weird when people make me take my shoes off at their house. Especially if I don’t now them well.

12. Member
    At my house, Off. Everytime. My wife will leave her high heels on for hours when she comes home. Blows my mind.

If someone else's house I take off if they are muddy, wet, or the owner takes theirs off as we walk in the door.

13. Member
    off

I couldn't imagine walking into my house or anyone else's with shoes on.

I sell high end windows and sometimes visit homes to measure. I've found it more common the shoes come off in the homes where they can easily afford the cleaners once a week. It makes sense to me that most BBC guys take them off because they are able to pay cash all the time for their boats. I'm in the minority on this forum I guess, I leave my shoes on and now we know what that means.
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

Not much thought into in, sometimes they stay on and sometimes they come off.
    2008 Ranger 178VX
    150 Yamaha V-max

GO Fins!!!

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tdt91 View Post
    I sell high end windows and sometimes visit homes to measure. I've found it more common the shoes come off in the homes where they can easily afford the cleaners once a week. It makes sense to me that most BBC guys take them off because they are able to pay cash all the time for their boats. I'm in the minority on this forum I guess, I leave my shoes on and now we know what that means.
    This does make sense fo sho!
    My shoes come of when I'm done working or piddling or ready to go to bed. If they happen to get muddy then I use the water hose to clean them off. Now if I had white carpet or something similar I might have to use some of those shoe cover things.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tdt91 View Post
    May need a new theory. I can pay cash for a boat. I wear shoes in the house. If one comes to my house I expect them to wear shoes. I don't want their toe jam on my floors.

19. Banned
    Shoes on at my house. Never realized there were so many shoes off people.
    Last edited by Phoenix Dreaming; 11-17-2019 at 04:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RFSims View Post
    May need a new theory. I can pay cash for a boat. I wear shoes in the house. If one comes to my house I expect them to wear shoes. I don't want their toe jam on my floors.
    You may be able to pay cash for a new boat, but have you? See, that's the difference, can and have. I'm sure many of us can, but would it make a serious dent in our piggy banks? Yep, you betcha and we leave our shoes on.
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast