Thread: 998 issues

998 issues

I have a 998 hd si and a 998 si. The hd at the bow won’t show anything on the side or down imaging screens and it’s stuck at 1.9 ft on the 2d screen but does show the palette colors. The si and down image screens are just black. I moved it to the console and it does not work there either. The si unit normally there works at both locations so it’s not just a bad transducer. I tried restoring defaults with no luck. It’s running the last, latest update, but I don’t remember the version. I tried to reinstall it but when I put the card in it just says it’s already installed and won’t reinstall. The mapping works fine but the casting rings don’t show anymore either. Is there anything I can try? It sounds like a software issue to me but idk. HB won’t work on them anymore and another place is a flat aprox $400 to repair. That’s well on the way to buying another newer model used sonar. Any thoughts are greatly appreciated. Thanks.

'91 Skeeter 200SX Yamaha 200.
    It's hard to stumble when you're on your knees.

If the other unit works OK with the SI transducer (they have the same one) and you have not changed the Connected Transducer setting to other than default, I would guess the unit processor for Imaging has failed.

Casting Rings has nothing to do with sonar, that is a GPS function. Typically a GPS glitch is caused by low voltage.

"
    The si unit normally there works at both locations"
    makes no sense. 998 is a SI model no matter if it is the HD version or the previous version.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Member
    I figured it was something gone bad. Just hoped I’d missed trying something. Thanks.

'91 Skeeter 200SX Yamaha 200.
    It's hard to stumble when you're on your knees.