06 z19 with 225 pro xs

I have a chance to buy this set up but the hours are high 800 plus ,compression is 100 psi on all only 90 hours over 4100 rpm. what are your thoughts on having this boat for 5 or so years?

Bass boats typically have lower hours than the average pleasure or ski boat because the majority of its life is spent using the trolling motor. That being said, 800 is about average for a pleasure boat. Hours by themselves are not necessarily bad, I know people with 1000's of hours on their motors, its how they are used and cared for that make all the difference. Obviously the price point needs to reflect those hours and its a factor of approx. $10 per hour based on a rebuild/replace at around 1500. I would expect a considerable deduct for the motor value alone. Out of curiosity, how much is the package deal?
    Last edited by Finlander; 11-16-2019 at 09:01 AM.
    2012 Ranger Z519 Comanche - Merc. 225 Pro XS - 24 Razor 4 XL/25 Tempest Plus

3. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Just a personal opinion, so don’t take it to heart, but those hours work out to around 60-65 a year, which means that the boat has been used a fair amount (for this latitude). If it’s in extremely good shape and the owner has service receipts showing strong maintenance, it could be a good purchase. But with that many hours, if you don’t get a warm, fuzzy feeling after talking to the owner, I agree with Finlander that the price should definitely take into account the probability of not-inexpensive engine work somewhere in the time frame you mention. I’d ask specifically if the compressor has been serviced or replaced. If the boat itself checks out structurally and looks good, including the trailer [don’t forget tires, axles, bearings, frame, etc.], there’s a good chance nothing other than the engine will be a major expense for you.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

4. Member
    The Z19 is a nice boat. That one has been fished alot.....check for blisters.
    2006 Ranger Z20