Thread: Z518

Z518

Going to order a new Ranger Tuesday. I am curious if anyone knows how long the current build time might be?

2. Member
    No clue but congrats on the new boat. Looking forward to seeing pictures once you get it

I bought a left over 2018 Z518C and love it. You will love the Z518. Lots of storage, large deck and great ride for an 18 foot boat. It's actually 18'6 or 18'8" but rides great. Congrats.
    2018 Ranger Z518C 200hp Rude.
    12 inch HDS Carbon
    9 inch HDS Carbon

2022 Ram 2500 6.7l Cummins

It's actually 18'10" but who's counting? Great ride, plenty of room up front if you fish with another person, but the 518 really shines if you fish by yourself ... all the storage you could want, very stable and easy to launch. You've made a good choice.

5. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    I haven’t heard a timeline on builds recently, but this ought to be as short a timeline as you are likely to get, other than May/June. Dealers still have stock boats coming off the line from summer stocking orders, but a sold boat typically moves ahead of “showroom” orders, so possibly 8/10 weeks? Boat shows start in January, and that creates a major backlog. One issue that could slow you down is if your dealer—and other dealers in your part of the state—don’t have enough boats coming to make a truckload. Sometimes you can wait a couple of weeks for delivery to the dealer after your boat is otherwise ready. But that’s less likely to happen in your location than, say, Ohio!
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

6. Member
    Congrats on the new boat. Be sure to post pics when you get it!
    2019 Ranger Z520C DC / 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke

Congratulations, your gonna love the z518, what motor did you order?

2019 RANGER Z518 - Mercury ProXS 150 4 Stroke

·...¸><((((º>
    .··´¯`·.¸.·><((((º>
    ·.¸.·´¯`·...¸.·><((((º>

8. Member
    I was told 8-12 weeks but that’s was on a 520 not sure if that matters

9. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Red1993sol View Post
    I was told 8-12 weeks but that’s was on a 520 not sure if that matters
    That ^ could make a difference, or not. I’ve been told in the past that boats they build fewer of [518, 519] sometimes take longer to get scheduled. You can drive yourself crazy trying to outguess new boat build schedules, though. Best to adopt a wintertime hobby, to make the time pass more easily. Start on that honey-do list, for example.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

10. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    Congrats on the new boat! Spill the beans...what all are you ordering? I’d love to be in your position right now!
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

11. Member
    I am probably in the long end of things but when I ordered my boat in January of 2017 it was 16 weeks before I took delivery. I think the dealership had it for a couple of weeks. It was the longest wait of my life, lol.
    2017 Ranger 518 w/ Evinrude 150HO G2

Quote Originally Posted by jc2bg View Post
    That ^ could make a difference, or not. I’ve been told in the past that boats they build fewer of [518, 519] sometimes take longer to get scheduled. You can drive yourself crazy trying to outguess new boat build schedules, though. Best to adopt a wintertime hobby, to make the time pass more easily. Start on that honey-do list, for example.
    The whole point of a boat is to avoid the honey do!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Casslaw View Post
    Congrats on the new boat! Spill the beans...what all are you ordering? I’d love to be in your position right now!
    Getting it loaded as much as possible. Double power poles, hydraulic plate, 200 Pro XS, Lowrance live in front, Lowrance Elite at console, oxygenator, remote pumpout, and other stuff I can't think of right now. Now I do have one good thing in that I still have my RT188 so I'm not stuck on the bank for 8-16 weeks.

Congrats on your new boat!
    Dawnpatrol.
    Goin Fishing be home for Hunting Season !!!!!!!!!