Screen saver for Helix 12 MSI SI G3 Question ?

Hi guys
    Ive had many Birds over the years, last one was a 798 HD SI,
    Purchased to fly fish our tropical flats here in Australia, a lot of which involves uncharted rivers and ever changing flats to to cyclones and moving mud and sand

Sorry for the long preamble, slight intro due to first post
    The last week has been a learning curve but slowly getting there

Question
    On the many Humminbird vids Ive watched, Ive noticed that most appear to have some screen protection, noticed one vid which had a plastic sheet over the screen that had a little red tab top right
    I have a horrible feeling I have thrown that away during the unboxing

Is that what is was? If so, should I try and source a new one, or just rinse and dry with clean water like my old units?
    .............Gary

2. Member
    That one is the factory screen protector for shipping. It is ok to leave it on until you purchase an actual screen protector. If left on too long in the summer time heat it will leave a glue residue when removed that is not easy to get off the actual glass. WD40 is how I did remove when this happened to a friend of mine. I use tuff protect brand for all my birds with good results.

Tks for the heads- up
    much appreciated, I certainly fish very hot conditions, going to be 106°F this week so I see a hot summer down our way,
    ..............Gary