HDS CARBON Freeze up on Startup with Navionics card in slot

Wondering if there is work around of my HDS display freeze/not cycling thru to the ACCept page when my Navionics crd is in slot.
    I have had to remove cord, then turn power off to the display, then turn power back on and HDS will then star up and cycle normally to the ACCEPT page.
    then i insert Navionics card in slot and all works fine, but it is frustrating to repeat these steps every time.

2. Member
    Do you have an active subscription to Navionics? If so, try updating the card and see if that solves the problem. Do you have access to another Navionics card that you could try? It is possible your card is corrupt. If the problem persists with another card, then save your WRT and perform a hard reset (numerous places on this forum how to hard reset). You might also save your current Settings along with your WRT, but do not import Settings until you determine if hard reset has solved your problem.

3. Member
    thanks for your reply.
    yes i have an active subscription,into nov 2020.
    i update my card about once month on average.
    i thought about doing the hard reset, which i guess will be next step.
    looking on lowrance support there are no clear indications for when/if a hard reset should be performed.
    is it when you have a problem that just won't correct with different settings?
    i am very pleased overall with the navionics card data, the mapping is crisp and detailed.
    i fish here in south east louisiana.
    i willl do the hard reset after saving waypoints and let you know.
    john

4. Member
    Bandit53,just a quick note that the hard reset worked perfectly.my hds carbon now starts up and cycles thru pages without stalling/freezing.
    hardest part of the procedure was to press both + and - together as i guess i just have big fingers.
    anyway thanks again.
    john