Thread: Tool holder

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats View Post
    Hold on before you do too much... we are close!
    - super duper paying attention!!
    1985 Ranger 340v w/ 1985 Johnson GT150 Crossflow
    2018 BassCat Pantera Classic w/ 2018 Mercury 200 ProXS

Shooting for a Christmas item on a tool holder that will go in the buoy marker position.

The wave of GPS growth since 2002 has made buoy markers obsolete for most other than heavy grass anglers. There is still a need as it gives a visual ‘easy sight’ on the location without the electronics, however most don’t use manual buoys today.

3. Member
    close as, I could see it on mine that’s going into production now?
    2020 BassCat Cougar FTD SP
    2020 250 Pro SX
    #Denalirods #Powerpole
    #PowerhouseLithium
    #Powerpole Move

4. Member
    Shooting for a Christmas item on a tool holder that will go in the buoy marker position.

The wave of GPS growth since 2002 has made buoy markers obsolete for most other than heavy grass anglers. There is still a need as it gives a visual ‘easy sight’ on the location without the electronics, however most don’t use manual buoys today.
    Forgive my ignorance - where is the buoy marker position? Obviously I don't use that spot for buoy markers!
    2023 Puma STS

5. Member
    In the trolling motor foot pedal basin. There is a bungee cord strap there to hold buoy marker in place.

6. Member
    You mean the strap that holds the can of Bang? :)
    2023 Puma STS

Added to my Christmas list

8. Member
    Im suspecting this tool holder is intended for the premium line of cats?
    2013 Pantera 2
    200 Pro XS (2b009069)
    Ghost Trolling Motor

Update us Bass Cat Boats when the new tool holder is available.

10. Member
    I made this from 1/2 inch plastic cutting board.
    Tool Holder.jpg
    2019 BassCat Pantera II
    2019 200 HP Mercury ProXS 4 Stroke

Watch your pants cuffs coming down.

12. Member
    I use a Cuda Customs tool holder. It mounts on (around) the seat post. It holds my pliers and scissors. It works awesome. That is if you use your front seat. Thinking of getting a second one for the back seat as well. Looking at their website it now looks like they make one that flat mounts as well.
    Last edited by BassCatBrad; 12-01-2019 at 08:44 AM.
    Brad Krone

13. Member
    Are you close? I'm sure Covid has negatively impacted things...

So would be happy to see something that replaces the cup holder in front of the console.
    2023 Puma STS

Yeah, I'm hoping this tool holder comes out soon.

15. Member
    Watch your pants cuffs coming down.
    Yup, I mounted mine without the tools in it. Wish I could have a do over.

Very interested as well. Have an Eyra and would love a better solution for deck and at the cooler.

Basscat Eyra
    Mercury 250 ProXS

17. Member
    I may be on to something awfully dumb here.. but I've gotta ask...

On the Cougar (and probably other Cats), the tool holder is right in front of the cooler. My biggest complain is that the foam comes loose and the holder is too shallow for pliers, forceps, etc. My tools wind up falling over and falling out.

Would it be dumb to take off that front plate and remove the foam, then drill holes down through the bottom to make the tools sit down in there deeper? (then replace the foam and front plate)

You wouldn't be able to see the holes since the plate and foam would cover it up. I can't imagine water would be an issue since not much would ever get down in there and I assume it'd just drain to the bilge area anyway. Or am I wrong, and that water will not drain through to the bilge?

The attached picture isn't my boat, but shows the spot I'm talking about - just above the floor in front of the cooler.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2023 Puma STS

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TNReb View Post

On the Cougar (and probably other Cats), the tool holder is right in front of the cooler. My biggest complain is that the foam comes loose and the holder is too shallow for pliers, forceps, etc. My tools wind up falling over and falling out.

Would it be dumb to take off that front plate and remove the foam, then drill holes down through the bottom to make the tools sit down in there deeper? (then replace the foam and front plate)

You wouldn't be able to see the holes since the plate and foam would cover it up. I can't imagine water would be an issue since not much would ever get down in there and I assume it'd just drain to the bilge area anyway. Or am I wrong, and that water will not drain through to the bilge?

The attached picture isn't my boat, but shows the spot I'm talking about - just above the floor in front of the cooler.
    I had the same problem but did not want to drill into the fiberglass. I added a small piece of aluminum tread plate behind the existing BCB plate to make it higher. Drilled the plate to match the screw holes and just remounted the BCB plate on top. Used a piece of adhesive foam behind the plate, looks good and works well.

The cost of our project made it unfeasible for aftermarket. We had the design and the product, though it was too expensive in our opinion for the piece.

BCB

Quote Originally Posted by TNReb View Post

I had the same issue you're describing here, foam eventually comes loose and the plate it's behind isn't deep enough to hold pliers, etc. I got a large magnet (like the ones used to hold guns in vehicles or hold kitchen tools) and used gorilla tape to mount it just above the holder. This works pretty well but I'd still like a taller holder with holes in the top to hold pliers.

Basscat Eyra
    Mercury 250 ProXS

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast