Thread: Keel Protector

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Never had any problems with any Hamby I've owned

Quote Originally Posted by muddywaters View Post
    Hamby protectors stick down further off the keel, they have a tendency to hang on the trailer when backing off, and also I was told because they stick down a little more there is an increased chance of bow hooking the boat. Unsubstantiated on my behalf since I went with the keel shield. It was just something I was told. I had a hamby on one of my past bullets and it started peeling from the back of the keel. but I cant say for sure it was due to hanging on the trailer, the lake I fish is a timber infested swamp. But once it started peeling backwards it did definitely hang on the trailer.
    I do appreciate you responding and sharing the info. Just wanted to make sure there wasn't something I needed to be concerned about. Never experienced either of those problems and my Hamby is pretty much the same as the day I picked my 21XDc up over 19 years ago. The only thing my dealer suggested on (ok, insisted on) was that I not do white because they could discolor if used often in stained water. Thanks again for the info.

3. Member
    i thought about a white one, but I heard that they discolor too, I was told that by the Hamby rep

Every boat that’s been in my shop with a white one looked horrible....
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12