Ranger Gel Puddy Repair ? Looking for instructions.

Does anyone still have a copy of the Ranger Gel Putty repair pamphlet? The sticky thread no longer has the information due to the Tiny Pic changes.

I am needing to fill a chip on the bottom of the boat. I've never used the putty that people talk about but have used marine tex many times. I'm wondering what all is involved with using the gel putty? I would be using it on the very bottom edge of the hull. Is the gel putty a filler and sealer in one? Does it require some type of top coat?

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=451327

Thanks
    Last edited by Netweid1; 11-19-2019 at 06:43 AM.

2. Member
    That's it. Thank you.
    Have you ever used the putty?
    Last edited by Netweid1; 11-19-2019 at 06:42 AM.

Gel putty is simply gel with some type of thickener added. It's far easier to work with than the thin gel. It requires no top coat of any kind. You just add the MEK catalyst, mix thoroughly, and apply. Then sand off the excess.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hahn View Post
    Gel putty is simply gel with some type of thickener added. It's far easier to work with than the thin gel. It requires no top coat of any kind. You just add the MEK catalyst, mix thoroughly, and apply. Then sand off the excess.
    Thank you, exactly what I was wanting to know.

5. Member
    When I asked them for the gel putty, they said all they have is the regular gel. They sent me some and it worked but it was not way a putty.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Javelin387 View Post
    When I asked them for the gel putty, they said all they have is the regular gel. They sent me some and it worked but it was not way a putty.
    When I called in the lady told me they didn't have gel putty. I know to many people that have purchased it. I was adamant and asked her to check with someone else. She came back and said they do have it and it can be pre color mixed. The pint I ordered should arrive this week.