Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Banned

Thumbs down Hulu Price HIKE!!!

Just got an email that they are raising the live TV price to 60.99....a TEN DAMN DOLLAR HIKE! they didnt wanna waste any time and BS us with smaller increases....theyre just giving it to us and not even buying us dinner before.

I think I can deal with this one....but the next price hike is gonna be annoying and prolly meet that threshold for me where I just go back to DTV.

2. Member
    Are they adding any additional programming?

3. Member
    Still cheaper then cable

4. Member

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DougN68 View Post
    Are they adding any additional programming?
    NOPE!!! Here is the explanation. Like i said...didnt even buy us dinner before screwing us! Its a non explanation, explanation! LMAO

This price change allows us to continue delivering the best live and on-demand TV experience for you. In addition to ongoing product enhancements, Hulu (No Ads) + Live TV will continue to include the largest streaming library with more than 85,000 episodes of TV, movies, and award-winning Hulu Originals.

6. Member
    I had it before football season, switched to get more college coverage, at that rate, i won't be returning to Hulu.

7. Banned
    First world problems. You gotta pay to play.

8. Member
    You’re already getting screwed if you’re paying $51 for Hulu live. It costs $45 right now. The price is going to $55. Can always do what we do, pay for live only during the NFL football season then drop to regular Hulu for $6 a month the remainder of the year
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kickerfish1 View Post
    Still cheaper then cable
    Currently, but its not by much for me. Its slowly creeping up when you factor in the high speed internet I get for it....its very close now and will be about the same with 1 more price hike...especially if its another $10.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom G. View Post
    First world problems. You gotta pay to play.
    how would you describe all the MLF vs BASS threads. This is a no politics forum.....most things in here are gonna be first world problem. Remember my post about a possible water line leak and lower water pressure in 1 sink.....first world problems.

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ECobb91 View Post
    You’re already getting screwed if you’re paying $51 for Hulu live. It costs $45 right now. The price is going to $55. Can always do what we do, pay for live only during the NFL football season then drop to regular Hulu for $6 a month the remainder of the year
    I have the Hulu with no ads add on that bought the price up. They arent charging me a different price

11. Member
    I will be leaving also. I just got the email. Gonna look at other options.
    1997 STRATOS 285 PE EVINRUDE INTRUDER 175

12. Member
    People really pay for the tv service lol. Just doesn't seam like a good deal.

13. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by drake322 View Post
    I will be leaving also. I just got the email. Gonna look at other options.
    I can take this price hike since I been expecting it...but was expecting it to be done in a couple smaller 5 dollar increments like netflix does. Gonna do the sling free trial to see if I can make that one work. Its only a few....but hulu is the only one that has the combo of channels I watch. Comedy Central is the only one missing...but i stream the daily show free on the comedy central app, and south park is on hulu now so im just missing Tosh.O right now....that list may get longer when I leave. Ill prolly end up back at DTV though....streaming is glitchy and annoying at times. DVR sucks a big one too...even when you pay the extra for it.

14. Member
    I dropped Hulu Live as soon as I heard about the price hikes... They are within about 20 dollars of basic cable now and with cable I don't need high speed internet...I can do everything on my phone...
    "Historically the most terrible things-war, genocide and slavery-have resulted not from disobedience but from obedience"
    Zinn

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 218_fishing View Post
    People really pay for the tv service lol. Just doesn't seam like a good deal.
    Choices are limited if you live way out in the country...
    "Historically the most terrible things-war, genocide and slavery-have resulted not from disobedience but from obedience"
    Zinn

16. Member
    what other streaming services do folks recommend? I like Hulu because it was one of hte few that had Fox News live.

Still cheaper than cable, but the cable providers are also the internet providers in my area (monopoly with 2 companies only) and they keep jacking up the internet rates as more people cut the cable cord.

17. Member
    Yahoo sports app streams NFL games for free.
    2022 Hog Island Skiff
    Johnson 70/40 jet

Bouncin' off rocks, and catching the smallies.

Potomac River Smallmouth Guide

Owner of Potomac Custom Tackle

Knew that was going to happen. Made it look like a great deal to cut the cord with cable and save all this money. Now that everyone is switching over, lets jack up the prices.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bsktball55 View Post
    Knew that was going to happen. Made it look like a great deal to cut the cord with cable and save all this money. Now that everyone is switching over, lets jack up the prices.
    Exactly..
    Zinn

20. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bsktball55 View Post
    I was expecting it too...but they are going all out real quick. I have a feeling lots more people than I even thought are streaming and cutting the cord. Like BrnzBckLvr said...its REALLY close in price when you factor everything in. i mightve already done it if I was paying netflix monthly still, but I prepaid a little more than a year with cheap giftcards off ebay. Its still a savings....but it just got that much smaller and closer to DTV.

DTV is wayyyyy better than streaming....so once that gap gets a little closer im going back. Im sure they will throw down some promos after this news...well they would if they were smart.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast