Thread: Vault hub leak

Vault hub leak

I have Vault hubs on my dual axle trailer. The trailer is about 4 years old. I have looked at the back of the hubs where the rear seal is and 3 of the 4 hubs are dry with no grease out the back of the hub rear seal. The 4th has a tiny bit of grease leaked out the back. It says on UFP website that "some leakage is to lubricate the rear seal". My question is, how much leakage is acceptable?

2. Member
    The black cap needs to stick out some, if it is not then pressure is gone due to a leak. If you take the protector cap off, supposedly replace it with a new cap.

Link to pdf. http://www.waymires.com/support_docu...structions.pdf
    Last edited by mcdye; 11-15-2019 at 08:32 PM.

3. Member
    I would probably take it apart and replace the seal, you don't want to be on a long trip and have a seal go. I was on my way to Maine from Connecticut when

I had seal go on a brand new trailer, one month old, mine had oil everywhere, all over the rotor & brakes (5 year warranty).

It was warranted, it was kind of a hassle, but they did send me all the parts to fix for free, i had to send them pixs, I ended up fixing it myself.

Or, clean it up the best you can & keep a eye on it

If the hub was initially over filled with grease it could possibly weep out the rear seal due to being over pressurized. You might just wipe off what’s on the spindle and see how it goes. If it stops then your Golden. If it continues to leak then replace it. Easy job but messy.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

5. Member
    Black vault cap is sticking out so there does appear to be pressure being applied to the hub. I have boat in storage for the winter now so my season is over for this year. I may wipe the rear seal/hub clean and keep an eye on it. Or maybe this winter I will tear them all down. Just wanted to not get carried away if I was overreacting.