2D Shoot Thu Settings While on Plane?

I'm sure this has been covered, but couldn't find anything. What do I need to do to get on plane speed to show up on my Live unit? It works at slow speeds but stops reading about 35 MPH.

2. Member
    Could be transducer location. When the boat lifts the transducer out of the water, you'll lose readings.
    2015 Nitro Z-7 175 Pro XS

Think there is some "settings" that makes it work? Same transducer I used on my older HDS and it would read better, at faster speeds. So not a location issue as it hasn't changed. Thought I "copied" my settings and "pasted" to the new units but something doesn't seem right.

4. Member
    Increase ping speed to Max. Make sure the LIVE is programmed for the exact correct transducer model, and also set the mode to the best setting for your use (shallow water; or Freshwater). Also realize that transducers get weaker with age, and you will not get the premium readings your LIVE is capable of when using an old transducer. And the old epoxy will also come loose with time and vibration, and although the transducer may appear to be firmly attached it could have delaminated between the transducer face and the hull.

Of course how your weight in the boat is distributed also makes a difference in through hull readings.

I would not hesitate to properly install a new transducer in your situation.
    ciao,
    Marc

Marc, Thanks for the information. I'll see if those changes corrects the issue. If not what transducer do you recommend for a replacement? Thanks again!

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by back_lash View Post
    Marc, Thanks for the information. I'll see if those changes corrects the issue. If not what transducer do you recommend for a replacement? Thanks again!
    I use the 9P SHT THRU HULL POD NO TEMP M/H PK ASY, part #000-14886-001.

As the name implies, it is a Mid/High Shoot Thru Hull Transducer with the XSonic 9-pin connector ready for your LIVE without needing an adaptor cable. Comes with epoxy also.

If you fish tournaments, even if the settings improve your signal, I would consider adding this transducer next to your existing one, and keep the old one there for a spare.
    ciao,
    Marc