Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
  1. Member
    I'd like to see the guys in my youth... Nixon, Cochran,Hank Parker, and have Denny Brauer come back.

Brauer would be another good add.

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdwelding View Post
    I'd like to see the guys in my youth... Nixon, Cochran,Hank Parker, and have Denny Brauer come back.
    I completely forgot about Cochran

Woo Daves hasnt been mentioned.

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    Nixon would be a good choice in '68.

Hey guy, NO POLITICS!!!

Sew, there weren't any MLB™ Legends like the Guide... I'm calling them!!

Really enjoyed what Evers said to Dancem tbat was a great moment.

6. Banned
    It will be re-aired at 7am on the outdoor channel here in NC Sunday morning in case you missed it at 4pm today.

My takes on this show....I was "FAN GIRL" this entire show. To fish with any of these legends would be an absolute honor. I got into bass fishing because of Dance, Roland, and Jimmy.

The jawing between the guys was great to see. Good friends talking trash to each other but they know the respect each other has is very high.

Seeing the Pros in awe over fishing with their legends is more than real. I'd be tearing up like Evers when being able to step into a boat and fish with Dance.

Dance needs to stop telling stories...get to fishing man!

When the ear plugs busted out, Jimmy's reaction was priceless. He pointed his own camera at himself and said something like he thinks that's going to quiet me down.

Son, oh son can Roland still put them in the boat. He looked to be on a mission with Horton.

VanDam and Morris need to fish more together. VanDam is a wild man, I don't think Morris was ready for that.

Overall, this should happen more and the list above has some excellent choices for sure.

And if you didn't get the warm / fuzzies at that trophy ceremony you're tougher than I. That made me proud to be in a sport like this.
    Been fishin' since I was 5 years old...Thanks Grandpa!

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by avidbasser View Post
    My takes on this show....I was "FAN GIRL" this entire show. To fish with any of these legends would be an absolute honor. I got into bass fishing because of Dance, Roland, and Jimmy.

The jawing between the guys was great to see. Good friends talking trash to each other but they know the respect each other has is very high.

Seeing the Pros in awe over fishing with their legends is more than real. I'd be tearing up like Evers when being able to step into a boat and fish with Dance.

When the ear plugs busted out, Jimmy's reaction was priceless. He pointed his own camera at himself and said something like he thinks that's going to quiet me down.

Son, oh son can Roland still put them in the boat. He looked to be on a mission with Horton.

VanDam and Morris need to fish more together. VanDam is a wild man, I don't think Morris was ready for that.

Overall, this should happen more and the list above has some excellent choices for sure.

And if you didn't get the warm / fuzzies at that trophy ceremony you're tougher than I. That made me proud to be in a sport like this.
    Y'all be careful out there and don't catch'em all!

Quote Originally Posted by izzylipz View Post
    Actually, he's not. He's one of those dry humor, martini wit type. And a legend.
    You have to wonder how many times Bill Dance was asked to show up for a B.A.S.S. function and he passed but he showed up for MLF. Dance was still working for Johnny Morris at that time too.
    I doubt they are looking for dry wit. I also wonder, being that Clunn was at one time big in the BPS world and now isn't if that had something to do with it? Or maybe not at all, but it was a good show.

10. dartag1829
    Quote Originally Posted by avidbasser View Post

The 4 Pro's also grew up watching these guys. Bet they felt the same way. I could see them doing more shows.

11. Member
    No matter your opinion on MLF, you can't call yourself a fan of professional bass fishing if you wouldn't find this enjoyable and entertaining. This kind of tournament happened before the early 90s. There was a Brunswick "fins" match. I think it was at Disney world and was sponsored by Brunswick Marine when they owned Mercury, Motorguide, Astro, and Procraft. It was modeled after the skins game in golf. Anyone remember that? It aired on TNN.

Really enjoyed the show good old fashion fun while competing

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by D.O.C. 989 View Post
    Clunn doesn't like the format so he may not even accept if ever offered.
    There’s a pretty good chance he’d do good in that format.

If you look at his earlier career, particularly with the 7 fish limits, he thrived on making sure he always had a limit. Yes, he threw spinnerbaits, buzzbaits, etc, but most people probably aren’t aware that he caught a TON of fish throwing a little Bagley Honey Bee crankbait. It was one of his primary lures for years.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by D.O.C. 989 View Post
    Don't know how many of the old timers are still alive and able to fish but some of the old lure makers and guys like Blake Honeycutt, Tom Mann, John Powell, Dee Thomas, Tommy Martin and Larry Nixon might be considered legends. Like i said i don't know how many of them are still alive even or able to fish.
    Mann and Powell have passed on.

I believe Honeycutt and Dee are still alive AFAIK, but I seem to remember reading something about Dee being in bad health. Not sure, it may have been someone else.

It’d be nice to see more events with some of the historical figures of bass fishing. There’s a lot of young guys who have no earthly idea who some of those guys are.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TritonJT View Post
    Ray Scott is out. (Dementia)
    That’s sad, hadn’t heard that. Last I heard about Ray he’d sold his big spread in Alabama and kept a small plot of land with a small house.

Always wondered how fun it would be to have fished his private lake.

16. Member
    I wonder why they decided not to have a boat official to weigh the fish?

Hopefully they add a few more legends next year

17. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by javjoe View Post

I think because 4 guy's in the boat would be a bit much.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by javjoe View Post

My guess is it was made for entertainment, they don't need strict regulations. One time exhibition deal, and see how it goes kind of thing.

I thought it was sad in a way. Some of those guys looked pretty feeble imo.

20. Member
    Good show..

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast