cmap genesis social map question

i got a couple social maps i downloaded for my hds 8 gen2 years ago. this was before it became cmap. i upgraded to a carbon and went to download the maps from the social map and the data for these maps is not there. just one file when you download the map. the permits file. Is there any way to use the old maps on the carbon unit?

Thanks
    Steve

2. Member
    Make sure you register your new Carbon on C-Map Genesis, and choose that one as the model you are downloading for.
    No, you can not use a set of maps created for one unit in another unit. That is why you register the Content-ID (from the About-menu in the HDS), that locks the file to the unit with that specific ID.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Colibri View Post
    Make sure you register your new Carbon on C-Map Genesis, and choose that one as the model you are downloading for.
    No, you can not use a set of maps created for one unit in another unit. That is why you register the Content-ID (from the About-menu in the HDS), that locks the file to the unit with that specific ID.
    I registered the unit like before but its on cmaps end the data for the lake isnt there so i sent them a email to see whats going on with the data for the lake. I didnt know if there was a way around the content ID number or not.

4. Wacky Riggers / BBC SPONSOR rbarrow's Avatar
    Steve...

if you can see contours on the computer screen for a given lake but not on your unit, it is a registration problem. Remember that the Content ID is case sensitive!

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rbarrow View Post
    Steve...

if you can see contours on the computer screen for a given lake but not on your unit, it is a registration problem. Remember that the Content ID is case sensitive!
    The other lakes the contours are blue color and this one is gray color. it doesnt matter what unit i download the map for it has the same file. the permit.txt file. its like theres no data for the lake. theres other lakes in this area thats the same way. Before it was cmap they all had data and worked. I downloaded other lakes that i fish that are blue in color and they work on my unit. so its not a content id number issue. I sent a email to them(cmap) about the issue and see whats going on. If you go to Red Hills State park in Sumner, IL on the social map thats the lake. Take a look you will see what i am talking about.

Thanks
    Steve

6. Member
    Sounds like Genesis has issues with generating the files for that specific lake. Send them an email and they should be able to fix it.