185VS Bench Seat

I am going to have to remove the seat so I can drain the fuel tank, gas may have gone bad. The last time I removed it, my son in law and myself could not get it back in the front lips on each side. I had to buy a noodle and cut it in half and place 3 strips in the back for the seat to raise up enough to go back in. Any ideas from someone who has done it before, got to be an easier way.

2. Member
    You could try this. Get about 10 ft of 3/8" tubing (Lowes) and insert a 4-6" piece of copper tubing in one end, and safety wire the tubing so the copper piece doesn't fall out. Jack or run the trailer up on some boards to elevate the stbd side (drivers side); then siphon the gas into some gas cans or clear plastic jugs like windshield washer fluid comes in, using the weighted end of the plastic tubing in the port gas tank first to make sure the method works. Then, jack up the port side and repeat the process. If the jug had any fluid in it recently, I put a piece of paper towel in and shake it to absorb the fluid, then throw the towel away. Compare your gas gage with the tank capacity so you can judge when you got all out.