Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Ohio Fishing Reports Moderator omcforever's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaleH View Post
    BLOCK - My experience only, but I've never seen a rebuild produce the power it used to, nor last any # of meaningful years.

PARTS - I'd say this is the larger concern. What if your PDP goes? Or the blue capacitor? To put $$$$ into a rebuild for something you might not be able to get a part for would indeed me a waste of money.

Heck, I'd rather chance repowering with an older pre-Ficht gas guzzler than take the chance on rebuilding a Ficht, never mind a '99 vintage one. And yes, I do run a '98 Ficht 175hp myself and have had V6s rebuilt (but never again).
    Hmmm,, I must be doing something weird because I usually see the same, if not better performance from my rebuilds(done right). The ones I have done are still running strong(one has over 400 hours) except for one that was ran hard and no oil(forgot to add to gas at fill up) and one that was just not maintained and abused.( I have only done carb motors but if done right, will be just fine for a long time).
    Last edited by omcforever; 12-03-2019 at 11:26 PM.

Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill !!

2. Member
    If you don't get the same amount of power or last just as long, the rebuild wasn't done correctly in the first place. With that being said, there are too many parts for that motor that have been discontinued and the money would be better spent on a repower. Not long ago, a customer brought me a 2000 model 225 Ficht. The charging system was not working and I found the regulator/rectifier bad. The regulator had been discontinued and no aftermarket company made them. CDI, Sierra ext.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12