Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Dealer Never Called Me Back

I bought a new Ranger from a dealership in northern Illinois last year. All of my boats have been purchased new from dealers and this was by far the best experience of all. The dealer was great to work with.

Fast forward 11 months.......Since October 8th, I have called the dealer four different times and left messages to call me back to schedule an appointment for service. I have not received a return call. It's been one month and one week. I realize it is a busy time of year for repairs people did not wish to get done during fishing/boating season and for winterizing. However, a return call advising it would be a while for an appointment is all it takes. This kind of service pisses me off!! I'm done with them. Rant over.

You Mad Murph?

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

3. Member
    If I had to wait more than one month, they were done.

4. Member
    Unfortunately some dealers service ends after the sale. I would move on an email Ranger Boats.
    2015 Ranger RT188
    2015 115 PRO XS

Can’t tell what region your in ? But this is usually the busiest time of year for any place that puts boats away

6. Proud American Union local16's Avatar
    Nobody answered the phone on any of your tries ? That seems very odd.

Dale Sinclair original

7. Member
    That would make me mad enough to0 drive up and have a talk with someone. Talk about rude with no phone call.
    Sounds like its time for a major butt chewing. Dont be nice this time
    Last edited by brushsjigs; 11-14-2019 at 05:38 PM.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by local16 View Post
    Nobody answered the phone on any of your tries ? That seems very odd.
    Yes, somebody answered every time. And each time I was told everybody in service was busy and that I would be transferred to their voice mail.

9. Member
    Could they be closed for winter?

Quote Originally Posted by madmurph View Post
    Yes, somebody answered every time. And each time I was told everybody in service was busy and that I would be transferred to their voice mail.
    If you still want to have the boat serviced there, I would call and ask to speak with the owner and tell them of the problem. If they don’t get you in ASAP, then I’d look elsewhere.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

11. Member
    Where are you located? How far are you willing to drive for good service? We have 3 good ones in Ohio (NE, Central & Southern).
    Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.

--Voltaire

Anyone thats "to busy" to return a phone call to set up a date to make more money either needs to hire someone just for those calls or they just dont give a damn about the couple hundred dollar service since they already got your 60k out of your wallet.
    I bet if you called and said " Im buying a boat today from someone" I bet you will get someone on the line right then.
    2022 Xpress H17 - Yamaha SHO 90

13. Moderator
    Sorry about your bad luck
    I’ve had more issues than I’d care to mention, but I’ll say my dealer has been absolutely amazing in after the sale service. Midway marine in Fulton ms If any one is looking for a boat in the south east.

14. Proud American Union local16's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hahn View Post
    If you still want to have the boat serviced there, I would call and ask to speak with the owner and tell them of the problem. If they don’t get you in ASAP, then I’d look elsewhere.
    Exactly^^^

Dale Sinclair original

15. Member
    The worst thing you can do to a customer is ignore them.

16. Member
    Unfortunately sounds like typical business practice anymore. It is increasingly difficult to get anyone in a service industry to call you back. Just have to bug them until they cave!
    2019 Phoenix 919 Pro XP
    225 Mercury 4 Stroke ProXS (# 2B591262)
    MinnKota Ultrex trolling motor
    Lowrance HDS Carbons

Quote Originally Posted by 21XDC View Post
    You Mad Murph?
    @kennethandmacy
    2004 Triton 196
    200 Merc
    1199/898

18. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    Taking the customer for granted! You bought the boat there and they won’t even return your call? That’s b.s.! I’d send a detailed email to the owner, wait 24 hours and if no response I’d ask for a better dealer on here!
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

19. Member
    Spotsylvania, Va. 22553. Near Frederi mm lcksburg, Va
    I'd fire them if I were you.. they suck.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 21XDC View Post
    You Mad Murph?
    Mad as hell. Actually, the Madmurph is a combination of two of my dogs names, Maddie and Murphy.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast