Build a boat price vs real world price ?

I know asking a man what he paid for his boat rivals asking a woman her age and weight.

But can someone give me an idea of the Vexus build a boat pricing versus real world? Or is it MAP and that’s the price you’ll pay?

2. Member
    After you build your boat online don't forget to add a few grand for taxes and another grand or more for delivery and prep.
    2014 Skeeter ZX200 - 200 SHO

3. Member
    I just priced out an 1880. The online price is what they use. There may dealer discounts that vary from place to place. My place discounted X amount which was basically the prep and freight charges which brought it back to the online price within a few dollars. Then I added my taxes and tags.

4. Member
    Yep... ^^^ what these guys said ^^^
    2019 Vexus 1880 w/ Mercury Pro-XS 115 4-stroke, MK 80lb Fortex, Twin Helix 7 Birds, Pro II PowerPole. AEguideservice.com

5. Member
    I'm sure it'll be dependent on dealers and how long that boat has been sitting.

In WA with 1 dealer and having to special order what I want, I was going to pay MSRP with my boat. If I got one off their lot, I'm sure it would have been easier to haggle a bit. Especially those 2019 still on lots. I don't see them giving a huge discount to move them, but you will definitely pay less than MSRP.

My unlucky adventure with my boat order worked out well for me thought. I paid below 2019 prices for a 2020 boat.

Of course gotta factor in prep and freight. My understanding is, there's a range for that. Expect $1000-1300 for that.

I just ordered an 1880. After some research I found you could get a deal on a leftover non current model year boat. If you want current model year I think the boat price will be the build a boat price.

Now, having said that, I asked about trade in on my boat and they offered me book value for trade. I also asked about “boat show” warranty extension. They told me no problem on the warranty. I told them that I thought I’d try and sell my boat outright but that if the end of the month/year rolled around and they thought they could cut me some slack to give me a call. The sales guy called me 10/29 and offered me another grand for my boat.

My dad was a used car salesman and gear head when I was coming up. He always said I don’t care what the sales price is, what is the out the door cost of the deal.

In in this day of boat manufacturers “the price is the price” you have to find a way to get a little something out of the deal.

The plan is for me to pick the boat up at the factory because I’m going to be in the area on a fishing trip about the time it’s built so that’s going to save me $600.00. That probably wouldn’t have come in to play had I not had this trip planned though.

7. Member
    Its basically the same with all brands. You order a boat you pay what they say but the dealer prep and stuff can be different between dealers. You find a boat on the lot and you may be able to haggle a little

8. Member
    Hey there Lou, if I may ask, where did you purchase your boat ? Toho Marine seem to be the only dealer in Fl. If you did, are you happy with the dealer and the boat ? I am looking to order an AVX1880 also.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeReel1951 View Post
    Hey there Lou, if I may ask, where did you purchase your boat ? Toho Marine seem to be the only dealer in Fl. If you did, are you happy with the dealer and the boat ? I am looking to order an AVX1880 also.
    Yes sir I did. Joe and his crew are top notch. I had a great experience dealing with them. Loving my 1880. She's a looker. ;)
    2019 Vexus 1880 w/ Mercury Pro-XS 115 4-stroke, MK 80lb Fortex, Twin Helix 7 Birds, Pro II PowerPole. AEguideservice.com

10. Member
    2020 Vexus 1980- Build price $45,347 Out the door price- $43,900

11. Member
    The price on the website is MAP. When I was looking I found that there wasnt much flexibility on the price of the boats. You are haggling more for dealer prep costs. Obviously there is wiggle room on a boat sitting on the lot, vs ordering a new one from the factory.

12. Member
    Anyone heard when the build your own for the DVX series will be available on the website?

13. Member
    My dealer did what they could with the boat price and was very fair on the extras. It is not like getting 12k off a 50k F-150. Overall. I would have liked to have done better on the price...but who doesn't. You won't walk away feeling like "The Art of the Deal" made me a rock star.
    Last edited by KennyVexus; 02-07-2020 at 06:40 PM.
    2020 VEXUS 1880 Victor Red
    Merc 115 HP Pro XS
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80 I-Link MDI
    Helix 10 MEGA+ MSI
    Helix 9 x 2 MEGA+ MDI
    Live Image FFS
    2021 Aluminum Trailer
    10' Talons w/sandwich brackets