Re-gluing rod handle

I have an Abu Garcia Veritas casting rod which I have really enjoyed. The handle has become unglued from the blank. Garcia has replaced the rod and told me to keep the old one. I'd like to repair the old one. What glue or epoxy do I use? Any other tips?

2. Banned
    5 or 30 minute two part epoxy.

3. Member
    Not familiar with the rod, so not sure if you talking about the reel seat or one of the grips. My 2cts I would take all component's off and do a rebuild. That could light a flame for you on rod building. There are ton's of video's. Mud hole actually has a night during the week where they go live with an aspect of rod building. Visit their web site. Believe next week its Tuesday. Either way would recommend 30 min epoxy........good luck

4. BBC SPONSOR
    Rod Bond, available at most rod building dealer sites.

Does the grip come off the rod blank?
    If so, sand the blank a bit to give the glue to grip to it. Slather it all over the blank and slide on the grip, twirl around a bit as you slide it. Then clean off the excessive glue. Rubber band it to keep it tight to the reel seat and check back a few times to wipe off any glue that's leaks out.
    The Best Fishing Rods Start Here: www.BatsonEnterprises.com - www.youtube.com/batsonenterprises - Instagram: @teamrainshadow - Facebook: Batson Enterprises