Suggestion for an electric heater for 60 x 26 garage?

I have an attached 60 x 26 insulated garage with 9' ceiling. I have an electric heater that is ceiling mounted currently that is 10 years old and it doesn't seem to put out as much heat anymore. I would like a unit that has an electric plug that I could just plug in instead of having separate wiring done back into the ceiling. I have two breaker boxes and there is a circuit that the is labeled "garage heater" and it has two 30 amp breakers. I assume that circuit should be adequate for the ceiling electric furnace? So does someone have a suggestion for a ceiling mounted furnace? Do any of them come with a plug to simply plug in or do most require some wiring?
    Rob Campbell - (2015) 21 Skeeter Fxi

2. Member
    One of the Dyna glows from lowes would be fine. Im using a 5000 unit and its all I need for a 50x60 garage. Never had to turn it on high, always had it on low for about 65*. About the max you would need is the 7500 . Thinking mine came with the 220 plug. Make sure your wiring is at least #10 better if #8.

I put a Mr. Cool in my shop. Its an easy DIY and now my shop has AC and Heat. Check them out it might be what your looking for.
    2022 Xpress H17 - Yamaha SHO 90

Quote Originally Posted by stratos284 View Post
    I put a Mr. Cool in my shop. Its an easy DIY and now my shop has AC and Heat. Check them out it might be what your looking for.
    How big is your shop and what model did you get?

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

5. Member
    I want to say it was the 5700 watt king from home depot. It had plenty of margin on 30 breaker. I had a hard time finding one with a plu g and hard wired it. It did well in my 30 x 36 shop 11.6" ceilings until it got below 20 outside. I had r13 in the walls and about r4 in the ceiling. Below 20mi supplemented with a couple 110 space heaters.