Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DURASPANK View Post
    In cases like this if you sue and lose. You should have to pay the defense lawyers bill also. Nest way to stop the frivolous crap.
    Thats how work comp law is in oklahoma now

Came to my mind that if the kid had not slid into 3rd but ran over the 3rd baseman, and either one of the two had gotten a broken jaw or skull fracture, who would have been sued then?

I agree completely...the jury decided correctly. It would be great if the lawyers that lost would have to pay for the defense.
    Don't bother me, I'm screwing for virginity.

I killed a 12-pack just to watch it die.

3. Member
    Wow, just wow. My son broke his ankle at football practice with only two weeks worth of season left. It has been a month since the surgery. We go to the doctor today and are hoping he might get a walking boot. The surgery alone was 42,000 and change. We would have never dreamed of trying to hold someone responsible. Yea it sucks, it has and still will be tough both mentally and physically, but he will get through it. We are very lucky he will have a full recovery after a couple of screws and the tightrope procedure. Still can't imagine suing even if our outcome were different. Football doesn't make what I hope my son achieve's in life. If so, I have failed.

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by grandbassslayer View Post
    Thats how work comp law is in oklahoma now
    That's how I believe it is in Europe. I had a customer who had an idea for a product that is on the market today and you would all be familiar with if I named it. He had it patented and copyrighted and it was clear beyond a doubt that he had rights to the product. He had a small mom/pop business and was just on the brink of tremendous success with the release of his new product. I was the beneficiary of a multi-million dollar order for machinery custom designed for the production of his brain child. The largest competitor in his industry somehow got wind of the new concept. This most likely came about because some supplier to the industry was looking to make points with this large company and unethically gave details of the upcoming release of the new block buster product.I became aware of this travesty one day when I received a call informing me that he would have to cancel the order for the custom machinery. He tearfully told me that although he was assured by his lawyer that he had all the proper documents to prove ownership of the new product concept, it would bankrupt him to fight the large competitor in court even though the outcome would be in his favor.That is just WRONG. Remember Orwell--"All people are equal except some people are more equal than others."P.S.Please note that I am not naming the product, which is on the shelves of every grocery store in the country and probably some abroad, or the "large company" who STOLE it because I, in this litigious society, could end up being sued. Imagine.

The author of the story could of told everything in one paragraph....blew it up with all his hyperbole.
    Sacred Heart of Mary, pray for us now, and at the hour of our death. AMEN
    O blood and water which gush forth from the heart of Jesus, have mercy on us
    For the sake of his sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us and the whole world

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12