Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar

Z Boss 10 Crankbait?

Does anyone use these? I watch Jimmy Horton and these crankbaits seem to work really well. The size is right and they appear to be heavy enough to cast well.

A Lil John is the deepest I crank here in central Florida and I want to learn a true 10 footer. I’ve looked at every crankbait on TackleWarehouse and to me the ZBoss10 seems to be the best true 10 footer.

With the cooler weather getting here I’d like to get a few and try them out. Any suggestions?

I plan on throwing them on a 7’3 MH Duckett rod with a 6.3 Tatula Type R on 12lb mono or CXX. Thanks, Chris
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

2. Member
    I catch fish on them in Northern IN/Southern MI. Seems to run true to depth +/- a foot or two depending on line and cast length. Action is good and they don't "pull" too hard so you should have no problem on that setup, especially with Mono.
    1997 Champion 202 w/225 ProMax

3. Member
    I have pretty good luck with strike king (Series 4 & 5 would work for your depth). Caught quite a few. I have clear plano boxes that I write the depths they run on there with a Sharpie. I put the sticker from the box on there too. It sucks to be on the water, have fish sitting at a certain depth, and have to google what depth they run.

I use them to target suspended fish in the late spring/early summer, so it has to be precise.

4. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    I’ll look into the SK cranks, my only hesitation is that they’re so popular the ZBoss would give a little different presentation since they’re not as popular.

Once I go down this route I will have to rearrange my “deep crank” box as I will have too many depths jumbled together. Thanks for the input guys.
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

5. Member
    I’ve thrown the z boss 10 a little. I’ll second what jign4pigs said. I like them, seem to be good crankbaits.

6. Member
    berkley dredger
    or digger
    1988 Ranger 364V
    150HP Merc Black Max

7. Member
    You will be happy with the z boss. I don’t have any experience with the z boss 10 but the z boss 20 and 24 are fish catchers for me.

I’ve got several and they work well for me.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 98 Elite203 View Post
    You will be happy with the z boss. I don’t have any experience with the z boss 10 but the z boss 20 and 24 are fish catchers for me.
    +1.