Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Masterbuilt Digital Smoker

I saw a 30" Masterbuilt Digital smoker on sale for $100. Even though I don't need a 3rd smoker, I might be interested in this one.
    Does anyone own this model or have experience with it?
    Thanks

I had one before I bought the 40" version. Loved it. Only reason I got rid of it was I wanted the bigger version. You can kick out some really good BBQ on one despite what traditionalists might say. The MES smokers are a great value.

3. Banned
    Yes you do need a 3rd. smoker ! I have 3 also one of which is a MES 30 (black no window) that I got at TSC for $100. It's handy and works great for things when I don't want to fool around with the stick burner.

IMHO. It works best with the Amazing pellet tray for generating smoke.

4. Member
    A good value at $100. Temperature is a little inconsistent inside the smoker but nothing that would be a deal breaker. I loved mine.

I have a wood/charcoal smoker, my Masterbuilt is probably 7-8 years old. I use it 90% of the time, and I use it a lot. For the ones that say it isn’t as good as my wood smoker—- they wouldn’t know the difference between the two. I smoked about 25 wings on Sat. A couple ppl told me they were really good———- but I used too much wood and had too much smoke on them.

$100—- I would jump on it

6. Member
    Have loved mine. I can tell you though they dont like getting wet. So if you want something to keep outside and uncovered MB isnt for you.

Love my 40 for everything but brisket. I've tried and tried, but nothing comes close to brisket on a stick burner.
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

8. Banned
    Do it. Buy a separate meat probe (one with two probes is good so you got one for the meat and one to read the temp inside the smoker), and then buy an AMazeN Pellet tray or similar item (the AMazeN stuff is at walmart now). You wont be disappointed with the meat. You wont get a smoke ring...but PLENTY of smoke taste.

9. Member
    I have the analog model. Will get digital next time, with the hope it will be more consistent for temperature.
    That's a great price, gave more than that for mine.

10. Member
    Where is it on sale for $100 ?

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepydan View Post
    Where is it on sale for $100 ?
    BJ's wholesale club

12. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mxmike View Post
    Yes you do need a 3rd. smoker ! I have 3 also one of which is a MES 30 (black no window) that I got at TSC for $100. It's handy and works great for things when I don't want to fool around with the stick burner.

IMHO. It works best with the Amazing pellet tray for generating smoke.
    I thought you werent suppose to use pellets in these?

13. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Dreaming View Post
    Just googled it and saw they are even in home depot now, and ive seen the tubes in walmart...so you might be able to get this locally.

https://amazenproducts.com/smokers/a...let-smoker5x8/

Buy that. Fill with pellets. Light one end for normal smoke, light both ends for more smoke. If you light one end it should last 12 hours...if you light both about 6 maybe a little more. BUT....IF YOU LIVE at higher elevations (I say 3500+, they say 4000+) buy the tube version.

Then all you gotta do is monitor the temps, and wrap when/if needed. I know this term gets thrown around a ton on a bass fishing forum....but that thing is a game changer. I couldnt keep my wood chips smoking and was gonna scrap the MB until someone turned me onto this. Theres knock off versions now too...figure as long as they got a similar design it should work.
    Last edited by dmc575; 11-14-2019 at 10:31 AM.

14. Member
    Yeah dont use pellets in a MB. As mentioned you can use those smoking trays you light on your own but you have to run chips in the MB tray.

Trust me I tried that several times and all you end up with is a fire LOL.

15. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Axkiker View Post
    Yeah dont use pellets in a MB. As mentioned you can use those smoking trays you light on your own but you have to run chips in the MB tray.

Trust me I tried that several times and all you end up with is a fire LOL.

16. Banned

You don't put the pellets in the smokers chip loader.

The AMazeN Pellet tray is a metal tray with sections in it that you load with pellets. Light the end of the pellet row to start burning, then place it in the bottom of the smoker to generate smoke reather than using the smoker's electric heating element to produce the smoke.

17. Member
    Dry woodCHIPS for a Masterbuilt like he's looking at buying. The trick is using a few chips, but loading frequently. Especially in the first two hours of smoking. Those masterbuilts don't like to be overloaded with chips.

18. Shutterbug Forum Moderator bdog7198's Avatar
    I have a MB 40, the one thing I was not impressed with was the volume of smoke. So added this

Masterbuilt-cold-smoking-kit.jpg

Worth checking into if your model will work with it. A lot better smoke.
    Prints and more available at: http://BSPhotography.co/
    Digital downloads available at: https://licensing.pixels.com/profiles/1-brian-shoemaker
    IG: BSPhotographyZ9

19. Member
    I recently switched too chunks of wood, from chips. Did great.

20. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dmc575 View Post
    Just googled it and saw they are even in home depot now, and ive seen the tubes in walmart...so you might be able to get this locally.

https://amazenproducts.com/smokers/a...let-smoker5x8/

Buy that. Fill with pellets. Light one end for normal smoke, light both ends for more smoke. If you light one end it should last 12 hours...if you light both about 6 maybe a little more. BUT....IF YOU LIVE at higher elevations (I say 3500+, they say 4000+) buy the tube version.

Then all you gotta do is monitor the temps, and wrap when/if needed. I know this term gets thrown around a ton on a bass fishing forum....but that thing is a game changer. I couldnt keep my wood chips smoking and was gonna scrap the MB until someone turned me onto this. Theres knock off versions now too...figure as long as they got a similar design it should work.
    Will have to.give it a shot. Mine does not seem to smoke as good as it use to for some reason.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast