Thread: Ark Rods

Ark Rods

Anyone have feedback on Ark rods, specifically the Tharp series? I have been looking at them for a while and they seem to get great reviews on TW and other places. I like the looks of them and have been searching for a more sensitive rod than what I have been using. I am thinking about the Moneymaker, Offshore Special or King Cobra for pitching Texas rigged beavers and tubes. Any feedback on these or other rods in this price range would be greatly appreciated.

3. Member
    I picked up a Sniper on a good sale at TW. Being weary of a new rod company, I didnt want to pay MSRP on it. For $95 shipped to me, it was a deal I couldnt pass up. I will tell you that I am very impressed with the rod overall. The weight, sensitivity, feel, and components are very nice...even for MSRP price. I dont believe the Sniper is available anymore, at least not on TW. Im sure they are all good in their respective price points.

been looking too, i gotta figure the tharp series flippin rod has to be decent since Tharp is a flipper.
    "The Green Machine!"

1998 ProCraft 200 BASS
    1998 Mariner EFI 200 HP 2.5
    4 Blade Trophy 24P

Quote Originally Posted by LgMouthGambler View Post
    I picked up a Sniper on a good sale at TW. Being weary of a new rod company, I didnt want to pay MSRP on it. For $95 shipped to me, it was a deal I couldnt pass up. I will tell you that I am very impressed with the rod overall. The weight, sensitivity, feel, and components are very nice...even for MSRP price. I dont believe the Sniper is available anymore, at least not on TW. Im sure they are all good in their respective price points.

The Sniper™ is available @TackleWhorehouse™ in the 'Clearance Bin' and On Sale! Theeeee verrrrrryyyy Lasssssst Onneeeeee BETTER HURRY!!!

https://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Ark_...age-ARKSC.html

Whomever buys this AND some other crap they'll get a FREE shirt!
    All Indians walk single file, at least the only one I knew did...

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JBigBoss View Post
    been looking too, i gotta figure the tharp series flippin rod has to be decent since Tharp is a flipper.
    I'm thinking the same thing. Just can't decide between the moneymaker and king cobra. Probably purchase one on a Black Friday sale and give it a shot unless I find a deal I can't pass up on something else in the meantime.

Excellent rods for the money.

8. Member
    I love these rods! A whole lot of rod for the money!

9. Member
    I have many high and rods including a few nrx’s , I have the Tharp king cobra and for the money there awesome , you’ll be surprised on the sensitivity and balance of the rod! Imo should be closer to a 200 rod !
    Shimano and Gloomis kick @ss, 17 Phoenix 919 225 Merc