Echomap ultra 126sv

I am looking in to buy an echomap ultra126sv with LSV32. does the Garmins side vu and down vu look as good as the Lowrance active imaging with there new ultra transducer GT54UHD? Or close?
    2014 Puma FTD 250 Merc Pro XS

2. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Well that depends on who you ask.....for me, the down looks pretty good but the side did not......i was using the GT34UHD on my Plus 93....screen resolution is not as great as the 12".....

If you are getting the 126 it comes with the ducer.....you can always try it out and if you don't like it then just use your Lowrance (assuming that's what you have now). You're not losing anything....
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

3. Member
    I went from Gen2/LSS1 to 1042xsv with ps30/31 1 1/2 yrs ago. The UHD was on the horizon so I held off on down/side imaging and ran my Lowrance along with my Garmin. I got the UHD when it came out and was disappointed. The down view seemed decent but sideview was no comparison. The Garmin did well on hard targets but not so well on soft targets. Fast forward to now. I had lots of issues with the 1042 and finally swapped to a 1242. Either I’ve become accustomed to Garmins imaging, the 1042 was screwed worse than I thought, the 12” screen helped out or there have been software tweaks that has improved it or all of the above but I find it acceptable now ( minus the weak soft targets). Definitely not Lowrance though. One thing I can thank Garmins weak side imaging for is learning how to search with my ps30. I really don’t pay much attention to sideview anymore. A PS30 on the transom is far superior to the side IMO. Shows fish and structure better/quicker though not as pretty. Motor over and hit it with Livescope for the pretty pic and it’s game on.
    If I looked good in spandex and my boats paint had glitter, I’d fish for bass.
    Luckily the Crappie, Stripers and Tuna don’t seem to care.............. BigBry

Thanks. I m thinking about using it then for live scope , mapping and down scan . Side scan I ll keep my lowrance active imaging Hooked up . Till garmin improves? I guess this is trade off due to lowrance live sight that is look blurry?

5. Member

Quality

Quote Originally Posted by FLbound View Post
    Thanks. I m thinking about using it then for live scope , mapping and down scan . Side scan I ll keep my lowrance active imaging Hooked up . Till garmin improves? I guess this is trade off due to lowrance live sight that is look blurry?
    I installed 4 echo plus 9” with the gt 30 on the transom. Once the ultras came out I sold the 9’s and got 2 12” for the console. I recently replaced the gt 30 and installed the new uhd gt 54. Garmin guaranteed it would perform better. The down looks great. But the side view is lacking when compared to the gt 30. It blacks out a lot especially on soft bottoms. I had my gt 30 really dialed in and it performed really well in all areas. More than likely putting it back on.

I read somewhere that u could hook up a lowrance transducer to a garmin with an a adapter?

7. Member
    Don't plan on it. I tried the LSS1 and Hbird HDSI on a 7610 and one or two of the GT transducers on an HDSG1. Based on that experiment I'd say stick with Lowrance transducers on Lowrance units and Garmin transducers on Garmin units. I'm sure someone could do a better job than I did but you need a strong enough electronics background to get the watts and impedance matching up. I don't have that background.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

8. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Why spend that type of money on a unit only to use a transducer that is not made specifically for it?? That goes for any brand.
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

9. Wacky Riggers / BBC SPONSOR rbarrow's Avatar
    Currently Garmin's SI and even the DI to some degree is not up to the standard set by either Lowrance AI or HB Mega....and it doesn't take much to reach that conclusion compared side by side. LiveScope is completely Garmin's area of expertise and they own that space. At some point Garmin will likely catch up in SI/DI and then the game is on...

Usually 800 lb gorillas win most of the time... times they are a changing....