2016 New Never Installed 150 HP G1 Etec - Any Concerns?

I have an opportunity to possibly buy a new never titled 150 HP from a dealer for around 3K less than a new one. Dealer said that warranty would be as new. Would this be worth it, or is there any concern about buying an engine that old?

Thanks in advance.

2. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar
    Good deal in my eyes....

3. Member
    i would call evinrude and confirm it will have new warranty but other than that go for it!!!
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

4. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Those are excellent engines. My main concern [other than the warranty, as stated] would be where I would get it serviced. There may be a reasonable explanation for why that dealer has a 4-year-old never-titled motor in his inventory, but usually that would be a warning to me that something is not quite normal at that dealership or, at the very least, that they sell very few engines.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

5. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    When you call Evinrude you'll need the serial number so they can run it. I wouldn't worry if the dealer is a Evinrude dealer. I found a 2000 model year 200 HP Johnson at a dealership in a neighboring county when I needed some parts in 2005 sitting on a rack in the service area. I inquired about it and they told me it was ordered for one of their pro staffers and he decided he was going with a different motor. They were stuck with it I got but due the the bankruptcy,Evinrude wouldn't warranty it. I bought it anyway, was one of the strongest motors I've ever had.

I bought a new on the rack 2008 200HO in Oct 2013 from a reputable dealer in DE. They are near the Atlantic and most of those Ocean boats do not use 20'' lowers and most do not run HO's.
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.