Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Tin Boats Moderator Pokie Pa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by illini71 View Post
    Did you order the seat box also cause it’s not a bolt deal. To do like the factory it would require a new seat box.
    WELL.. here is it in a nutshell. My dealer inquired about the factory Coin Box. It would cost me over $1300 installed. There is no way in hell I was going to pay
    that after just buying the boat. I can get a power pole for that kind of money. I did order the Bass Boat Seat coin box for $98. Just like thr one Panama posted above
    but in the charcoal color. Looks good and well made and did not break the bank.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Panama View Post
    I took the Bass Boat Seat coin box and reworked it a little. It fits nicely and does not break the bank.

Does all your stuff fall out when you open the under seat storage on the passenger side?

3. Tin Boats Moderator Pokie Pa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AHens View Post
    Does all your stuff fall out when you open the under seat storage on the passenger side?
    It will if you tilt it all the way. Of course, you can't have a drink in the cup holders. The coin box closes very tight and is well worth the money.
    I don't plan on putting thing under the passenger seat that I want to use very often.

Quote Originally Posted by AHens View Post
    No. The lid latches very well. I have never had it open accidentally whether lifting the seats or not. Also I like to keep the cell phone handy unless weather is bad. The center square between the cup holders is perfect for the cell phone. This thing is a well made, sturdy, economical way to add a nice looking step with storage. I am happy with it.

The only criticism I might have is the actual place where you put your foot. I had it probably a year in all types of weather and the lid has a tread design on it. It was NEVER slippery to me. I never slipped and fell. BUT....I was always cognizant that it could get wet and maybe I might bust azz. That is why I glued carpet there. After I put the carpet on, I realized that I liked the looks better with it anyway. Again, I never slipped fell but felt like the carpet was safer. I would buy this again and that's the best recommendation I can give something
    ----------------------------
    The bitterness of poor quality is remembered
    long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten - Benjamin Franklin

2013 RANGER RT188 - YAMAHA F115 - ULTREX - LOWRANCE GRAPHS
    LOCK-N-HAUL Transom Saver, ALL ABOARD Emergency Ladder
    1996 RANGER CHEROKEE - 40 YAMAHA

5. Member
    POKIE PA.....Can you post a pic of your darker charcoal Bass Boat Seats coin box sitting between the seats in your boat. I want to see how the color matches.

6. Tin Boats Moderator Pokie Pa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by illini71 View Post
    Did you order the seat box also cause it’s not a bolt deal. To do like the factory it would require a new seat box.
    My dealer ordered it BUT it was NOT just the coin box. It included a seat box and a middle cover of some sort and the total was over $1400.
    I cancel it and used the middle seat base and put in a coin box from Bass Boat seats.
    Tim Messer ~ Lake Ariel, Pa.
    US Army 1968 ~ 1971

2019 Ranger RT188 ~ Merc PRO XS ~ MK Ultrex

7. Tin Boats Moderator Pokie Pa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by madmurph View Post
    POKIE PA.....Can you post a pic of your darker charcoal Bass Boat Seats coin box sitting between the seats in your boat. I want to see how the color matches.
    Here ya go... It matches pretty darn good.
    US Army 1968 ~ 1971

8. Member
    Nice looking RT188 is that center console the charcoal color it looks nice.

9. Member
    Never mind I just noticed in a earlier post you got the charcoal color it looks like it matches the carpet good.

10. Tin Boats Moderator Pokie Pa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fishon396 View Post
    Never mind I just noticed in a earlier post you got the charcoal color it looks like it matches the carpet good.
    It is a perfect match to the carpet. You cant beat the price and mounts so easy.
    US Army 1968 ~ 1971

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12