Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChampionDon View Post
    Thanks for all the responses guy, mind is made up 52" 36v 112. I run lithiums so weight is not an issue.

Question for those that have a 45" shaft....There are advantages to fishing into the wind as we all know, however there are times when that is not possible and one must fish with the wind and times that is advantageous as well. Most of you may not do this, but there are times when I want to fish the front of point, bank, brush line or what ever and fish shallow to deep and use spotlock and then go to the back of the boat. The nose of the boat will lift up much higher due to weight distribution and even much more when 2 people are in the back. If you have done this before, then you know what I am talking about. Cavitation is very bad when length of the Trolling motor shaft is not long enough.
    Yep I do that a lot when fishing some main lake points if the wind is blowing. And that is when my 45 struggled. I like my 52

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChampionDon View Post
    Thanks for all the responses guy, mind is made up 52" 36v 112. I run lithiums so weight is not an issue.

Question for those that have a 45" shaft....There are advantages to fishing into the wind as we all know, however there are times when that is not possible and one must fish with the wind and times that is advantageous as well. Most of you may not do this, but there are times when I want to fish the front of point, bank, brush line or what ever and fish shallow to deep and use spotlock and then go to the back of the boat. The nose of the boat will lift up much higher due to weight distribution and even much more when 2 people are in the back. If you have done this before, then you know what I am talking about. Cavitation is very bad when length of the Trolling motor shaft is not long enough.
    I have done it many times, never has been a problem but you may fish way bigger water than I do, I just do not like that giant motor on the front of my boat, if I ever get my Ghost I do think it is a smaller profile plus it is a 47 inch, could be the best of both worlds.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12