8610 XSV versus Ultra 126SV?

From a livescope standpoint am I better off with a 10” screen with better resolution versus a 12” screen with worse resolution ? I have a 9” plus now that is sometimes difficult to identify fish on livescope. Both units are roughly same price -what’s better choice and why would you choose that model? I am leaning toward the 12” but not 100% certain yet.....suggestions ?

2. Member
    The resolution on the 126sv (per Garmins Specs) is very good and more than sufficient for Livescope. The difference between a 10 and 12” screen is huge with Livescope. I fish a bit deeper than what’s typical and the extra height of the 12” screen is very beneficial for that. Detail and fish get awfully small on a smaller screen at depth. I’ve found that Livescopes real world useability is about 40 ft +- forward but 65 ft + in depth. If you fish in water over 30ft, I’d get a 12” screen. Screen size will benefit over better resolution might benefit you more when choosing between these 2 units.

3. Member
    Go for the 12, the resolution is much better than the 93sv plus. I'm sure the 8610 is a great unit but I'd pick the 12" Ultra any day. I absolutely love mine. Does great in bright sunlight as well, I really struggled at times with my 93sv unit.

4. Member
    Super info BBC guys - very clearly explained - going for the 12" unit for sure!
    Thanks again- Creekchub

how is the side vu and down vu on the ultra 126sv? does it compared to lowrance live units with active imaing transducer?
    2014 Puma FTD 250 Merc Pro XS

6. Member
    I have a friend who has the Ultra 126 with the UHD transducer. The DI and SI work but he says nowhere near as good as the Lowrance Carbon unit he had. But he loves the Livescope!!!

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FLbound View Post
    how is the side vu and down vu on the ultra 126sv? does it compared to lowrance live units with active imaing transducer?
    no

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Royt View Post
    I have a friend who has the Ultra 126 with the UHD transducer. The DI and SI work but he says nowhere near as good as the Lowrance Carbon unit he had. But he loves the Livescope!!!
    I had a moment of weakness this past summer thinking I might try Garmin again. It lasted for about 15 minutes on the water with a UHD transducer. Fortunately it was on someone else's boat.

It's obvious Garmin has the engineering staff to pull it off. Makes one wonder why they don't??