Thread: Pig guns

Pig guns

I got a nice bonus this year and looking at a diamondback AR in 308. Trying to keep the price under a thousand but definitely looking to get something nice. Will be used for all kinds of hunting which is why I chose the 308, but will use to hunt pigs mostly. Anyone have experience with this brand? I know a ton about bolt actions and semi-autos in shotguns and older rifles. Don’t know much about the AR brands. Also wouldn’t be against building one if that would be a better option.
    thanks in advance

2. BBC SPONSOR
    Check out the Wilson Combat 300 Hammer round. You can buy a cheaper AR or build one, Wilson will sell you a barrel and everything else works with the .223 format. Super awesome round, read some reviews, it is the PIG round!

I’ve seen the Diamondback but I don’t have any experience with them. I just picked up an AR made by CBC and it’s a good shooter. My buddy just bought the CBC in 308 and it looks nice. I think he paid around $700 for it.

4. Member
    300 blackout is a good round

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shooter64 View Post
    Check out the Wilson Combat 300 Hammer round. You can buy a cheaper AR or build one, Wilson will sell you a barrel and everything else works with the .223 format. Super awesome round, read some reviews, it is the PIG round!
    Never realized 30/30 ballistics were so stellar.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rclark1 View Post
    300 blackout is a good round
    I don't know a lot about the 300 Blackout so feel free to educate me. I was under the impression that the only real advantage it has in hunting applications is the ability to be silenced. The ballistics aren't very impressive on it's own, are they?

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Danbleume View Post
    Never realized 30/30 ballistics were so stellar.
    Seems to me the 300 Ham'r just kinda tweaked the Leverevolution 30/30. I'm sure both are fine close- to medium-range rounds for pigs but putting it in the AR platform probably had certain details to smooth out.

7. Member
    I would look at the 6.5 Grendel. It will be better for pigs than a 300 BO or Hamr. The recoil and weight of AR15 will be less than the 308's AR10. The 308 will shoot heavier bullets than the 6.5, but the 6.5 does 120-130 grain ammo very well. My son has one and I really like it. I have the 350 Legend and its a good 150 yd or less pig rifle.
    War Eagle Blackhawk 2170 - Suzuki 150, MG Xi5
    Lowrance HDS 7" & 9" - Twin Talon 12' Anchors

8. Panfish Forum Moderator SOONER*REDNECK's Avatar
    Diamondback makes a good gun. They do have cheaper entry level models as well but they are all quality. You wont be disappointed.
    Fisher 1710C - Mercury 60 Horse 4 stroke
    **Crappie Fishing Fool**

9. Member
    I have a diamondback ar10 308. I dont shoot it much but what I have its shot fine. PM me if you want to call me. I'm not much for typing long reviews.

10. Member
    I have 2 pig guns. One is a 742 Remington with AR stock, 30.06 with night vision

my other is a Main .444

both are excellent pig killers and easier to hunt with than my AR

11. Member
    Sorry Marlin .444

Take a look at the 450 bushmaster. It comes in an AR platform and is a beast. I love mine.

13. Major Flagelator Gamblinman's Avatar
    Diamondback's are fine weapons. I've tried a bunch of different calibers for hogs and always come back to .308.

Check out Hans East TX on YouTube. He shoots a Diamondback.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKL...FrBe4Kg/videos
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."