Passenger console installation

I have a small complaint and a couple of questions. I finally got my console in go to put it in and it doesn’t fit the back screws will not start when the front is started. I then stared the back ones now I can’t touch the threads on the front. I took the black plate and silver connections off and noticed that the two side screw mounts are 1/2-3/4” off center. Is this normal? I lined it up and drilled new holes and it mounts up pretty easy now, but it’s not as solid as I would think it would be. Anyone with a passenger console have you noticed a small movement in your console or is it solid?
    Bodie Landes
    2019 Nitro Z20 250 Mercury Proxs4

2. Member
    I factory ordered one after the fact and it fit perfectly and is as solid as can be. Sorry yours didn't go well.
    Michael J. Koenig

3. Member
    Bodie
    Purchased new, 2018 Z18 with passenger console. No movement.
    Vic
    Preparedness plus Opportunity = Luck

4. Member
    I’m going to try to tighten it with a wrench to get it a little more than hand tight to see if that will help now with two being solid.
    Bodie Landes

5. Member
    I've got a 2019 z20 and when I tighten mine up I am able to move it up and down about a 1/4 inch. I've never attempted to tighten it more than hand tight. I love having the passenger console but that is too much play in my opinion.

6. Member
    We added a second console and we had the same thought. Didn't quite line up and wasn't as solid as we thought it should be. I tightened those lugs with some channel locks and then ran it for a few trips and then tightened again. Solid as a rock now.

7. Member
    I tightened it up with a crescent and it’s solid now. Thanks for the input and help gents.
    Bodie Landes

8. Member
    2018 Z19 DC with no slack

9. Member
    I bought my 2017 Z19 used 1 season off my tournament partner, whose sponsored. Since my wife likes to fish I ordered a passenger console. When it came in the side screws fit perfectly but the front screw was not aligned. I called the dealer but ultimately decided to fix it myself. I had to file off about 1/2" of material with a wood rasp and rat tail files. It worked but the metal parts don't stay attached to the console when removed. No biggie but did feel that for the money I paid I shouldn't have had to do that.
    2017 Nitro Z19
    200 Mercury ProXS
    52" 36v 112 lb Minnkota Fortrex
    Lowrance HDS 9 Gen 3 Bow & Console
    2 PowerPole Blades
    Hydrowave H2 Fish Attractor