Question on trick step

For the guys that have them, any precautions to prevent theft? I’m considering putting a set on my trailer.

2. Member

3. Member
    If they want it that bad they could unbolt it. I guess you could put a tac weld on the nuts? Mines been on a couple years and no one has messed with it.

4. Banned
    no

If a genuine dirt bag wants it, it’s gone regardless of what measures you take, DAMHIK

6. Member
    Have one on my small boat works well and the last time I looked it was still there,.

7. Member
    They stole my 4 tires , spare, and trick step, sorry sons a bitches.

8. Member
    you can put a small weld on the bolt and by the brackets. they may still getit but hope someone sees them messin with it and calls police

I think that if they really want them they will risk getting caught, a lil work involved in getting them off, with that being said...…. If they REALLY want them, They're gone. I have had no theft issues around here....

Spanky

10. Member
    You can make it hard,you can make it even harder,but you can’t stop a thief! It would require some work so I think that they would get some other things first. If the ramp is secluded enough and a thief wants it,he will own it!

11. Member
    Super glue fish hooks out of sight underneath and notice the blood when someone messes with it.
    Praying for a Cure

12. Member
    I've had mine ( 2 sets, two boats) for a couple of years and no one has bothered them yet.

I guess I could smash the ends of the U bolts (or hit them with a spot of weld if I had a welder) if I was that worried about it. I do watch where I launch and when I launch. Lots of nicer trailers and rigs than mine for a true thief to bother with.

13. Member
    Not knocking Trick Step, but I need to load from the bow. I have mobility issues and fish by myself. The D Step works better for me and is $230 cheaper.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BWQK View Post
    Not knocking Trick Step, but I need to load from the bow. I have mobility issues and fish by myself. The D Step works better for me and is $230 cheaper.

I had not heard of the D Step. Thanks for mentioning it.