Yellow key hot wire

New to forum did a search and found limited info. 2014 TZX 195 can I find it in the battery bay, I have a hour meter and need to connect it. I know it will build hours without motor running but don't want to get the one for the plugs. Thanks in advance.

2. Member
    I connected mine to the yellow wire from key switch that powers dash gauges. That way it only racks up hours when the key is on (motor is running). I mounted my gauge down the side by livewell dump switches but could be wire tied out of site behind dash also.

3. Member
    Why not use the NMEA connection from the engine to your graph? Instead of starting at 0, like connecting an hour meter now, it will show you the true hours.

4. Member
    Thanks for the replies, I mounted the hour meter in battery compartment that's why I was looking for the yellow wire there. Can I find it there?

5. Member
    No, the yellow only powers the dash gauges. But it wouldn't be hard to run a wire from the dash to battery compt.

6. Member
    So the location is in the battery compartment, were about and what color should I look for? Thanks

7. Member
    Still looking for the key hot wire in back battery box, any idea where I can find it. Thanks