Owen's Marine back in business?

Looks like Randy Owen is opening shop again? Appears to be an Evinrude dealer again. I'd love to have an Evinrude servicing dealer in the Manchester area however this man's reputation is toxic.

Does anyone have any first hand experience dealing with the Owen's? I'd love to have my mind changed. An Evinrude 150HO G2 would be great with local service support.
    2004 Tracker Avalanche with 150 Mercury XR6

2. Member
    Avoid this business and Randy like the plague IMO.

3. Member
    Yes it appears he is opening a shop just up the street from my shop. And yes there is an evinrude sign hung on the side of it. I've dealt with him and he is not my cup of tea so I'll leave it at that.....

so, on the positive side, I purchased a used boat from them years ago and got a great deal. In fact when I sold the boat 3 years later, I got almost what I paid for it.

why not give it a chance especially if the negativity is not from your own experience.
    2018 G3 Sportsman 17 90 SHO

5. Member
    My comment was based on my experience with Randy and his former business.

6. Member
    I would rather sit in an empty room and recite love poems to my ex-wife then do business with him again.
    5 Short of a limit

Quote Originally Posted by EJmagnum186-NH View Post
    I would rather sit in an empty room and recite love poems to my ex-wife then do business with him again.

8. Member
    Randy and his girl friend just purchased 13 acres of land on Farm Island in Lake Winnipesaukee. The local people in that area who know his reputation are cringing at what he is going/might do with it.

his salesmen were good people. Bought Gary Clarks Hydra Sport from Owens many years ago. The salesman was named Earl. Great deal, great guy and great service.Heard of Randy's reputation but never dealt with him.

10. Member
    I bought my my first boat there in 1987 and never went back if that helps you