Thread: Need some help

Need some help

Hey guys I’m looking at a 2006 187 with a vmax 150 that has 61 hours. Garage kept it’s while life. What should I offer on the boat? Never owned a champion

2. Banned
    Loaded question here. What it’s worth to anyone of us, might be different than what it’s worth to someone else. But you didn’t mention any options on it, so let’s assume it’s bare bones with no upgrades and it’s in mint condition. I’d say it would fall in the $12k-$15k range.

A motor with next too no hours is scarier than a motor with lots of hours.

3. Member
    Yea it’s pretty stock, no fish finder etc. and I was also wondering about the hours being low. What effects could sitting for so long have on the motor?

4. Member
    Take it into a Yamaha outboard mechanic & have him run it & check compression & everything else! If its good & you want to buy it then have them do a complete service on both lower & upper! Checking it should only run about $100.00, cheap investment when you look at the over all investment of $12,000 +. The complete service is around $350.00/$400.00 another cheap investment to insure a trouble free season & longevity of the motor.

If those are the true hours since new the previous owner only averaged 4.7 hours of run time a year during its 13 years.

I would definitely have the fuel tanks flushed out if there’s gas in there. Hard to say how long it’s sat unused.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cart7 View Post
    If those are the true hours since new the previous owner only averaged 4.7 hours of run time a year during its 13 years.

I would definitely have the fuel tanks flushed out if there’s gas in there. Hard to say how long it’s sat unused.
    I'd take it a step further and have the gas line and bulb replaced at the same time.

7. Member
    That hull is rated for a 175 but many were sold with the 150 to keep pricing down. I’d say 12k is about what it’s worth.

8. Member
    They are worth what someone will pay. I have a 2000 model 193 and there is no way I would take 12 grand for it. Been offered 15 but turned it down. If something happened to me my wife can take 12 or just give it away as I don’t think I will have any say so in the matter.