Trying to understand some Minnkota features

What does the bluetooth allow you to accomplish? I do not see it currently available on the Minnkota website, but is a terrova available that can link to a Helix but without the built in sonar or DI?
    Denalirods.com
    Solarbat.com

Quote Originally Posted by 1sharphook View Post
    Bluetooth is a wireless communication technology that provides:

1. Remote control operation.
    2. Software updates via Smartphone.
    3. Communication with the Heading Sensor that is needed to utilize the Jog functions.

https://minnkotamotors.johnsonoutdoo...ilot-BT-EN.pdf

Motor options can be found here:

https://minnkotamotors.johnsonoutdoo...motors/terrova
    So do some models come without bluetooth? Some advertise bluetooth and some don't, but they all say jog is available. How else does it communicate with the sensor?
    I guess I misspoke, there isn't a 45" that comes with link and without us2 or DI.
    Denalirods.com
    Solarbat.com

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ou1dadgumit View Post
    So do some models come without bluetooth? Some advertise bluetooth and some don't, but they all say jog is available. How else does it communicate with the sensor?
    I guess I misspoke, there isn't a 45" that comes with link and without us2 or DI.
    You are correct on what you ask. The 45" only comes in 2 models. Link with MDI and BT. W/O Link US2 and BT. There are no more I-pilots without BT. You are much better off with BT than W/O.
    I-Pilot is much more accurate. MDI with Helix Late model 2017 and later work pretty darn good with MDI.

4. Member
    If you're interested in linking a TM with your Humminbird units, it would need to be a Link model. The Bluetooth capability only allows connection with the smart phone and Heading Sensor. The Link connection is an ethernet connection that can be connected direct to the unit's ethernet port (with an Ethernet Adapter cord AS EC QDE) or direct to an Ethernet Switch.
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

Minnkota will have built-in MSI transducers available soon.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

The reason I do not want the built in ducer is because I have SI up front now. DI isn't worth 3 pennies to me. Just another $550 I don't need to spend. I have the helix at the helm. When I get the money for one up front, I will want a 360. Will an 898 be able to connect to a new built in SI ducer and give me SI? I know I won't be getting MEGA out of the 898 though.
    Denalirods.com
    Solarbat.com

The reason I do not want the built in ducer is because I have SI up front now. DI isn't worth 3 pennies to me. Just another $550 I don't need to spend. I have the helix at the helm. When I get the money for one up front, I will want a 360. Will an 898 be able to connect to a new built in SI ducer and give me SI? I know I won't be getting MEGA out of the 898 though.
    PM sent
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

8. Member
    The 360 is not going to connect to a Terrova without some major modifications that may void the warranty on a new trollingmotor. I would suggest, if you're going to purchase a new trollingmotor, waiting til first of year and getting the Terrova with the MSI (mega side imaging) transducer built in.
    John
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]