Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SURE IS QUITE ON HERE KENTUCKY & BARKLEY LAKES

Sure is quite on here about Barkley and Kentucky lakes.
    Nobody talking about catching on the lakes .
    Is it really that bad ?
    2017 NITRO Z21
    250 MERCURY PRO XS
    POWER POLE BLADES
    LOWRANCE ELECTRONICS
    PRECISION SONAR MOUNTS

2. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Have you been outside lately?
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

3. Banned

Break out the augers!

Quote Originally Posted by washprotim View Post
    Sure is quite on here about Barkley and Kentucky lakes.
    Nobody talking about catching on the lakes .
    Is it really that bad ?
    Yes
    "If People Concentrated on the Really Important Things in Life, There'd be a Shortage of Fishing Poles." - Doug Larson
    "Peace is not the absence of turmoil but the presence of God" Jo-Ann Thomack

5. Ranger Boats Moderator 22RangerZ520R's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by washprotim View Post
    Is it really that bad ?
    Yep...

2022 Ranger Z520R | 2022 Platinum F250
    Apex 19 | (2) Apex 16's | Mega 360 | Mega Live

6. Member
    My former fishing partner caught them pretty good two days last week, deeper than you might think this time of the year, 12 keepers in one day.

7. Member
    So only 1 person out there has caught a decent # of bass ?
    Nobody going or nobody catching?
    I personally have not been due to poor results.
    i know it just got cold but I talking about before
    2017 NITRO Z21
    250 MERCURY PRO XS
    POWER POLE BLADES
    LOWRANCE ELECTRONICS
    PRECISION SONAR MOUNTS

8. bullyfish
    Why would I tell anybody they are biting so the lake can get hammered even more. No there not biting

9. Member
    Soon as I get the "new" boat sorted out, I'll be out there.

10. Member
    The results from the BFL wildcard were not exactly stellar so that just adds to the belief that it will continue to be tough.

Good luck.

-Jonathan
    Last edited by Lkmbjb502; 11-14-2019 at 07:53 AM. Reason: Spelling
    Jonathan Adkins
    2022 Nitro Z21xl 250 ProXS4S
    HDSLive12s/Ghost/AT2/G360

11. Member
    The BFL wildcard was there Friday and Saturday November 8 and 9. Check out the two days of results for that tournament out of Kentucky Dam on FLWfishing.com

12. Member
    This past Sunday, we had our best numbers day we have had in 3 years. Caught 30 with about half being keepers. Best five went about 15 pounds. Not any real big ones but the smallmouth are biting pretty good. Two weeks ago caught 23 pounds of smallmouth. No shit. Will never do that again. Just hit a magical spot. Caught 5 over 4 pounds. Biggest was right at 5.

From late August through Mid October, I wondered if there was a fish in the lake.

13. BBC SPONSOR
    Hearing some decent reports from past weekend.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NumberOne View Post
    This past Sunday, we had our best numbers day we have had in 3 years. Caught 30 with about half being keepers. Best five went about 15 pounds. Not any real big ones but the smallmouth are biting pretty good. Two weeks ago caught 23 pounds of smallmouth. No shit. Will never do that again. Just hit a magical spot. Caught 5 over 4 pounds. Biggest was right at 5.

From late August through Mid October, I wondered if there was a fish in the lake.
    That's the best report I've heard in a long time, thank you for sharing. Saw this video the other day and no matter which side of the fence you land on politically or with carp opinion, you have to tip your hat to Menendez, fighting the good fight.

15. Banned
    Was out yesterday, I put in at the Fenton ramp. The small mouth bite slowed for me yesterday, but still had a 12-13lb bag. No keeper large mouths. I’m in a white/green champion 203- there about every weekend. Say hi if see me

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Slig View Post
    That's the best report I've heard in a long time, thank you for sharing. Saw this video the other day and no matter which side of the fence you land on politically or with carp opinion, you have to tip your hat to Menendez, fighting the good fight.

Good to hear some positive about down there.

17. RIP Evinrude 1907-2020 JR19's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Slig View Post

I like Mark Menendez. I always thought he was a stand up guy who was a straight shooter but this video has me questioning my thoughts about him. Granted I do not fish KY or Barkley and I have no first hand experience with the asian carp situation down there but I have read many reports and saw videos on BASS live, FLW live, youtube, facebook as well as other media outlets about how bad the situation is down there. For Mark to make the statement he makes from the 2:03 - 2:50 makes me believe the video is pure propaganda for touriousim money. His final statement at the 2:45 mark is "put it on facebook, let the world know fishing is still good here on KY and barkley lakes" if you feel that statement is true then by all means run to facebook and make that statement. From what information I gather its at an all time low but hey my sources may be feeding me wrong information and fishing might be good as Mark Menendez claims

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JR19 View Post
    I like Mark Menendez. I always thought he was a stand up guy who was a straight shooter but this video has me questioning my thoughts about him. Granted I do not fish KY or Barkley and I have no first hand experience with the asian carp situation down there but I have read many reports and saw videos on BASS live, FLW live, youtube, facebook as well as other media outlets about how bad the situation is down there. For Mark to make the statement he makes from the 2:03 - 2:50 makes me believe the video is pure propaganda for touriousim money. His final statement at the 2:45 mark is "put it on facebook, let the world know fishing is still good here on KY and barkley lakes" if you feel that statement is true then by all means run to facebook and make that statement. From what information I gather its at an all time low but hey my sources may be feeding me wrong information and fishing might be good as Mark Menendez claims
    I would say your sources are right, I don’t think anyone would argue that the fishing is as bad as ever and the twins are nowhere near what they used to be. But in my opinion Menendez has been one of the most vocal anglers that has brought a lot of attention to the situation. I don’t disagree that his motivation is likely tourism and getting people back fishing because otherwise, the local economy and those small business owners are in big trouble. That is, if it's not already too late. Overall though, I think his point is that you can still have days like NumberOne had, so share those and with the BAFF being installed, hopefully there are more to come.

19. Member
    Yes I like Mark Menendez but didn’t he post a video last year saying it was going to be basically impossible to catch a five fish limit in two years? The tournament winning weights don’t tell the story but the incredible lack of limits caught in tournaments this year does.

20. Member
    Yes I like Mark Menendez but didn’t he post a video last year saying it was going to be basically impossible to catch a five fish limit in two years? The tournament winning weights don’t tell the story but the incredible lack of limits caught in tournaments this year does.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast