Tatula loses adjustment

Just wondering if anyone else has this happen...Decided to gradually switch to Tatula’s, awsome reel, really like performance, but have noticed that if they are on the deck and slide during the boat ride, it almost always causes the magforce adjustment to change. I have a Ranger Intercoastal with non-skid, so it is harder than seadek and carpet. I am looking into adding some seadek like material soon, just wondering if this is common? I have some older tdz’s and have not had this happen. I have tried resting them on the handle side, but the way handle ends up doesn’t always allow that. Am hesitant to get more if this is common. I guess I could get use to checking the adjustment when I pick the reel up, but its hard to teach an old dawg new tricks. Thanks for any input.

2. Member
    Does anyone have issues with the Magforce knob coming out of adjustment?

3. Member
    I have tatula sv and the brake number adjustment always gets messed up. Just from me palming it and working a jerkbait. It's frustrating having to worry about the adjustment all the time probably won't but another and go with DC reels

4. Member
    I have several different models of tatula and have never experienced the spool tension loosing adjustment. Might want to check and verify the oring is still in place.

5. Member
    I have a couple of the tatula elites and the spool tension knob is very difficult to adjust for my fat fingers. The magforce Z adjustment wheel, on the other side of the reel, is easy to adjust and I could see it getting accidentally changed.

Quote Originally Posted by jzv33 View Post
    I have tatula sv and the brake number adjustment always gets messed up. Just from me palming it and working a jerkbait. It's frustrating having to worry about the adjustment all the time probably won't but another and go with DC reels
    I had the same issue. Loved the reels otherwise.

7. Banned
    Pretty common for the newer Daiwa reels. Ever since they changed the adjuster from what the TDZ/Zillion was of the past. I had Tats before, and it was quite annoying. Added up with a few other things that bugged me, I decided to call it quits with them. Kept my TDZ and TD Zillion.

8. Member
    Happens a lot, but I still love them for skipping.

9. Member
    I own quite a few of em and different models of them and have not noticed this. It would definitely pi $$ me off though. I have a shimano that the spo l l knob will move.

10. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    My spool adjustment knob never changes itself but every Tatula I have I change the numbered dial while working a lure or fighting a fish. I’ll notice my casting distance is off and I look and it’s on 13 or 20...back to 8 and all is well. I like the reels way too much to let that be a big deal.
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

11. Member
    I can’t say I’ve had this issue with any of mine. Make sure the side plate screw is good and tight

Quote Originally Posted by PikeRoadBassn View Post
    I can’t say I’ve had this issue with any of mine.
    Same here. Got a pile of them and have yet to experience that in several years of using them.

13. Member
    Not with my tatulas but with my SV105 brake dial along with the jacked stuck inductor issue.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jzv33 View Post
    Same for me. I think it depends on how you palm the reel. I have learned to live with it because I love the reels but it is really a design flaw for me.

15. Member
    Yes it happens to me and seems to happen when fighting a fish or getting over a hung bait and trying to shake it loose. I finally heard the dial clicking one day while trying to get a bait loose, some guys may have no problem due to how they hold the reel.

16. Member
    I adjusted the spring pressure under the adjuster knob. Problem fixed.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by smallykiller View Post
    I adjusted the spring pressure under the adjuster knob. Problem fixed.
    Thanks, I’ll check that out. Since it happens to some and not others, seems like it is probably something like this.

My tournament partner fishes Quantum reels. The drag will back-off on some of his reels just by having the rods inside his rod locker when trailering his boat. It irks and hell out of him when he forgets to check the drag setting and has to an adjustment on the fly while playing a fish.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Casslaw View Post
    My spool adjustment knob never changes itself but every Tatula I have I change the numbered dial while working a lure or fighting a fish. I’ll notice my casting distance is off and I look and it’s on 13 or 20...back to 8 and all is well. I like the reels way too much to let that be a big deal.
    Best reel on the market for the cost. Yeah.....they make better reels but the ones better than Tatula are bad expensive.
    RT188
    I LIKE boats...BUT I LOVE PLANES
    Oh yeah.... I love the RT188 too.

20. Member
    I pile rods up on both sides of my deck, so I have different brand reels that will do it on me.
    Normally figure out what happened while I am trying to get the professional over run out.