Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Ive got it now too. Stretches and some wrist curls help a little until but after fishing or using a impact drill all day it flares up again . I think it has made my shoulder hurt bad too now.

2. Member
    Shot, stretching and ice or heat.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Duece22 View Post
    Look up Voodoo flossing techniques for the elbow. Thank me later..

This?

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rude196 View Post
    Go to chiropractor or buy you a resistance band. It will disappear in days.
    I second this. Had it so bad that I couldn’t set the hook without hitting the floor almost in pain. I got a couple of adjustments at my chiropractor(need a good one) and poof it was gone.

5. Member
    Do not go to a chiropractor, thats a waist of time and money. Go see an orthopedic physical therapist.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RazorShine View Post
    Start lifting weights.
    This made mine worse. I just rested it and it got better.
    2014 Phoenix 721XP, 250 SHO, Bobs Action Jack, Dual Blades, 112 Ultrex, 2019 Lariat FX4 F150 Supercrew 4x4

7. Member
    I had it so bad in my right elbow I couldn’t pitch or hardly make a fist,I also had some spinal issues at the same time. My Dr gave me a one week round of oral steroids for the back which didn’t help at all but it totally cured my elbow. That was about 15 years ago and so far I’m still pain free,elbow wise anyway. I was out of commission for a few weeks too which gave my elbow time to rest so I’m sure that helped too.

8. "OVER THE LINE SMOKEY!" headhigh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by basscla View Post
    Drink more beer
    Exactly! 12oz. curls will strengthen the casting elbow better than anything.
    1998 Ranger R93
    1998 Mercury 200 EFI

"Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness."

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Skunked again View Post
    This?

Yes sir!

10. Member
    I was supposed to have Tommy John elbow reconstruction 25 years ago. Short of surgery the best answer for me was to alter what created the repetitive motion. I switched to using spinning reels to cut down on it. Don't power fish as much. Quit playing softball, darts, horshshoes, bowling etc.. Choose your poison elbow pain is a life sentence if you do any repetitive activity. My job was tougher to change. I did carpentry and painting for 35 years.

I do dumbbell curls supporting my elbow. No full extensions. Just flex till you feel the pain. Then back off and use that as your limit point. I started at 10 pounds and am up to 30 now. My new job requires lifting steel machined parts up to 80 pounds frequently. Without doing the curls I wouldn't last long. I also do push-ups and planking to increase the strength in my shoulders etc.. Same as the curls I can't do full push-ups because they would over strain my elbows. I set up 2 kitchen table chairs and use the seats to do the semi push-ups. Then reverse and do dipping push ups. Old age maintenance.

If I don't do my routine my elbows flare up. They still bother me but nowhere's near as much as before and my recovery is faster by doing my routine every morning before going to work.
    Last edited by mattmann7; 11-13-2019 at 08:38 AM.

11. Dogfish_Jones
    Going to Physical therapy ...still. for my second shoulder surgery this year. One of the problems i was having also was my casting elbow hurt. My orthopedic doctor looked at it and called it golfers elbow, I assume its like tennis elbow. But, he sent a letter to my physical therapist to begin therapy on it.
    I ask about the copper infused compression band, he said that didn't work just a selling gimmick. A compression band is just as good to wear. But the muscles and tendons need to be soften and realigned as best as possible. So far no steroid injection but that's not out of the question yet. Every steroid shot you get just weakens your core muscle groups.
    Mind you some of my pain is coming from my shoulder that has been operated on but the physical therapy has began to work on it and i am not having that deep throbbing in it, just some sharp come and go pain when i do put it in a strain going sideways.
    Of course every person and every pain someone is having may not be as mine but it sure did hurt like hell when casting and especially when setting the hook on a fish.

12. Member
    Dealing with tendonitis now in my right elbow. Been wearing a brace and doing physical therapy. I think the brace is helping more than the PT.
    Tony Taylor Triton TR-186 175 Opti

13. Banned
    For me, had it a couple of years ago and the only thing that corrected it for me was to stop fishing, which I did from Oct to Feb. It was so bad at one time that I couldn't even pick up the net. I had to use the boats beam as a fulcrum to raise the netted fish. Luckily no surgery was required and as of this time, no more issues.

14. Member
    Different treatments for different injuries (and extent). Have fishermans (or tennis) elbow - been using the Theraband flexbar
    for about 3 days - hoping this helps.

Following site has some good info - https://www.sportsinjuryclinic.net/s...lbow#treatment

The tenex procedure sounds interesting -especially if flexbar and therapy are ineffectual.
    (My goal is to be able to do push-ups again.)

Thanks for this thread!
    Do not take your half in the middle ....

Stretching and exercise.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

16. Member
    Rest is all that will fix it. The brace helped me a lot, not the one Favre and Rice promo but the one with the ball in it.

17. Banned
    Is it odd that it's my non-dominate arm???... I'm right handed and it's my left elbow... I cast with my right arm and switch to to left arm to retrieve... I hold a beer in my left hand, twist to bottle cap off with my right hand then switch the bottle to my right hand and then take a sip... Dan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12